Hong Kong Airlines announces YVR

Hong Kong Airlines has announced its latest destination: Vancouver. YVR will be the airlines first North American destination when it starts on June 30 2017. They will be using A330-200 aircraft until they receive more of their A350’s which are on order and expected to be delivered in May 2017.

The schedule is as follows

HX080 HKG1230 – 1010YVR 332 Daily
HX081 YVR1210 – 1650+1HKG 332 Daily

This daily service means that there will now be 4 Daily flights with an addition of 4 flights a week. Cathay Pacific has the majority of having 2 daily 777W’s and in March 4 weekly A350-900 flights. Air Canada goes daily with the 777W.

What do people think?

Source: http://www.yvr.ca/en/blog/2016/hong-kong-airlines-soars-to-yvr

4 Likes

wow!!! sounds good, great to see airlines expanding into North America, will be a great site to see, when I visit Canada in the future!

They should just wait until they get the A350.

Why? DL does SEA-HKG without any issues.

Because the A330’s kind of an ugly duckling with those upward slant windows at the rear.

2 Likes

Funny, I’ve sat next to those windows and found them to be perfectly sufficient at the job of being translucent.

1 Like

Sufficient isn’t perfection.

Disappoint.

1 Like

I have to agree it’s pretty annoying that they are not in line with the other windows however I would rather be in that plane then a B787 or B777

I rest my case XD

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.