Honest opinions on 20.1 update

1st flight last night I did a quick egcc to egll in the F14 to try out vnav and the new sids/stars. Worked quite well but some of the approaches put you into a really tight turn about 7-8miles out just as your intercepting the glidescope at 3000ft. Still going to have a play about but it looks good. Anyone seen the 777 rat yet?

1 Like

I love it. Of course we’re all experiencing lag but I’m guessing that’ll be over in a few days

1 Like

The 777 landing gear up and down animation still triggers me but so far, JUST GREAT UPDATE

1 Like

The new sounds, gear tilt, and wing flex are all amazing and I love it. But I was expecting some more tracks because in the pacific the tracks are from Hawaii to Japan or San Fransisco/LAX to maybe Shanghai and Hong Kong. Center frequency is pretty cool though. Also there are seats in the front cabin of the 777 and I would have liked for there to be a view like on the CRJ’s where you can a passenger and be inside of the plane and look out of the window.

1 Like

I think the new update overall is pretty amazing.

The only thing about SID/STAR is that I now have to enter every waypoint manually after the SID and before the STAR, which takes a really long time for long haul flights. It’s not the end of the world but I liked being able to copy/paste a flight plan, with some manual adjustments for the departure and arrival procedures. If I’m not mistaken, pasting a FPL into IF will completely overwrite what might have been saved as your FPL previously. I still need to practice more with the new features so I could change my mind later.

Side note: sad not to see Alitalia’s updated livery on this update, I assume it could have something to do with copyright, so there’s not much we can do about that, even though the new livery has been flying for 5 years. While I was super happy to see the Alitalia logo was added to the wings (like real life), it was a bit perplexing that the new logo was put on the old livery (yes the logo is slightly different) but it’s nice to get something new.

Other than that, I’m happy.

1 Like

You don’t need to do that. See my reply on a workaround on how to do this properly below.

2 Likes

The b772 rework is amazing. Also adding APU is unexpected and very welcome.
However I’m disappointed that there so little new liveries and that the other 777 variants weren’t reworked.
I’m probably asking too much. But amazing work nonetheless

2 Likes

Wow just finish my first flight with the 20.1
Love it, especially enjoying the working of SID, STAR n VNAV.
The VNAV works flawless so far🤩
A big shoutout to the Dev Team🥳🥳🥳

1 Like

Thank you!

2 Likes

I love the 20.1 update for the most part. The instrument procedures and addition of centre frequencies is amazing. What IF have done with the 737 family is really great, almost fully reworking it over 1-2 years and culminating in the live cockpit this update.

However, I am disappointed that whilst the B772 was in development for over a year, only 7 new liveries were added to the aircraft. If the statement “We didn’t add the livery to the B772 as it may be added or already is on the B77W” is true, then how come American gets 3 liveries for each variant, whilst highly popular requests such as the El Al B772 or the Air New Zealand B772 are ignored. Not to take away from what has been done with the actual aircraft, that’s amazing. I’m just confused as to why there are so many liveries missing.

9 Likes

Yep I really enjoy the new update it is so much more easier to manoeuvre through the airports and to know where the airspace is around the airports. Next I think they should add buildings and live cockpits to all aircraft but that would take time to do .

2 Likes

This is a good point, they can’t tell us the usual excuse of ‘we can’t please everyone’ with 3 liveries for one airline. Also it looks again like bias towards US liveries.
Really think they need to take more notice of the livery requests in features.

13 Likes

Loving the 777 and the 737-cockpit so thats great!
However i am dissapointed with the lack of livery-additions. There are to many popular livery-requests out there that has been up for years and still not added.

2 Likes

Bad. The update with the 777 and 737 is good, but there are so many mistakes. Both aircraft dont have something of cabin lighting, and there are so many liveries they missed. Center frequencies dont add anything to the game i my opinion. SID & STARS are a good thing tho (i think). But i have never been able to try it because my phone keeps crashing or overheating.

2 Likes

As of now its bad because of game crashing but in a few days it should be a lot better and more fun

1 Like

The reworked 777-200ER is amazing… Sounds, features, handling and stability all were well done… I’m impatiently waiting for the -300ER rework as it will be a great aircraft with improved physics and performance… However I would prefer the left wing view to be positioned slightly backwards in order to have a better look at the scenery and flaps in action; In addition to the working flaperons… Otherwise; the aircraft has improved significantly…

2 Likes

The AP on the 777 is much smoother, but there is still sharp banking when transitioning waypoints in crosswinds.

I love the update. The new engine sounds are amazing and I can’t help but blast them at 12am. Only thing is that my iPad kept crashing before getting off the ground. It was fixed with a reduction on the airplane count though.

i put a couple mistakes of the 772 cockpit here

3 flights and 3 app crashes … befor this update everything was good… idk… im not satisfied … ipad pro 12.9