Honest opinions on 20.1 update

obviously ignoring the crashing issues we got those for free😉🤣 this update has to be on of the biggest and best updates for this sim since global and for this to be topped it has to be bigger than global which isn’t possible;) the stars and the sids the VNAV are all brilliant features that will definitely enhance the quality and level of gameplay we are able to use now, and of course the best aircraft to ever grace us got reworked…at least somethings good has come out of 2020!

1 Like

Could this be an iOS only issue? I’m still running fine on high, high, AA on (limit frame rate of course lol). My phone does have 6G ram though (Android 9, Mi MIX2S)

@Salosawek

Davie is B A S S god

I’m so happy and excited for the future, if you think about it, soon all the B777 family will have the new features, and plenty new livery. Then gear tilt can slowly be added to similar heavy aircraft. Then slowly the engines for other aircrafts will also be more realistic. I really think 20.1 is a gigantic leap into the future.

1 Like

Even if I knew, I wouldn’t be able to say. The developers are more than aware people are having issues, and if you have a look at the recently pinned Support FAQ everything is listed there. We will all have to wait and see.

https://community.infiniteflight.com/t/support-faq-please-read-this-before-posting/416870/2

1 Like

A hotfix won’t resolve a server load issue, not in that way.
We’ve already made several optimizations server side that have improved the situation.

But we still have a lot to do, but can’t do everything at once as poking around with a environment in operational status with users using it is some very delicate work. So all of these things are done in smaller steps to prevent massive outages.

6 Likes

Is the crash issue fixed?

I’m doing JFK-EGLL ill keep you updated

1 Like

Which one? There’s not one issue that is currently causing crashes.

1 Like

I was on final and the game crashed, graphics were low and everything was going as normal, it was a LH

its mostly the amount of people on causu9did you re start your device before the flight ? Also it can be an issue with the amount of people online at the moment with +1000 players I saw earlier ! Because since before this I’ve never had crashjng issues likewise never saw this may people online at once Screenshot_20200609-205054_Infinite Tracker|270x600

1 Like

The memory leak is mostly fixed. It’s still leaking small amounts but a lot less than before.
Restarting before any LH should still be standard practice, with or without any leak tbh.

6 Likes

Interesting. I did a long haul and had no problems. I ran it on High Graphics and didn’t restart. The device was a iPhone 7

1 Like

Once the servers calm down it will be better.

1 Like

A little bit disappointed because of how much ram the app needs, like even when I’m in solo flight, it crashes as well, but everything else is amazing

1 Like

Update: Halfway into my flight to EGGL and my phone has not crashed knocks on wood nor is it overheating.

Nice additions for the most part. Silly little things over looked like the AA livery on the 772 that just have no business being overlooked.

Also, I thought they fixed the AP? The TBM and 737 (only ones I’ve been able to fly because it’s impossible to not have the game crash) still have wacky AP turns. I’m assuming the CRJ is still horrendous too. Real bummer.

1 Like

Actually, the 75 and 76 cockpits are quite different from the 777. But, the 75 and 76 have almost identical cockpits.

I came into this update thinking they had fixed the crash problem specifically for older devices.