Honest opinions on 20.1 update

What are your honest opinions about 20.1?
Both praise or criticism

22 Likes

it’s great especially the VNAV it made my decent effortless. The only prob wd me is the SID/STAR im still confused but im kinda learning it already

33 Likes

That flight plans can’t be seamlessly transformed from fpltoif/simbrief to IF

But I think I found a way (little bit of work), other than that I love this update sooo much

18 Likes

How were you able to do it? I had this problem too and it was a bit annoying at first lol

3 Likes

Set your departure airport as 1st waypoint then add your SID then copy all non SID / STAR waypoints fpltoif tells you then insert your STAR fpltoif tells you then select and approach

11 Likes

Overall opinions - Some great new features both such as SIDS/STARS as well as Center ATC. Loving the new 777ER and 737 cockpit. Maybe could have done with a few more liveries to be added, not just on the 777 but on other aircraft.

18 Likes

I like the 737 cockpit so much also I like the 777 livery I like everything that has come in this update except its pretty laggy when in a crowded area but in not crowded area is fine so yea

10 Likes

Oh man that’s tedious haha

2 Likes

IPhone overheats and crashes a lot

18 Likes

Yeah one thing I have to say is that my phone is overheating far more than it normal does. I’m scared to do a long haul now when my phone is overheating so much overnight

12 Likes

VNAV made my descents so easy, but the server lag is killing me.

5 Likes

Yes I was hoping some livery’s that were on #features would be in the game but I guess that’s next update! I love all the new features just wish I could use them without my IPad crashing I guess we will have to wait out the storm of heavy server traffic and bug fixes!

3 Likes

I’m very satisfied. More than just satisfied. You physics of the B777, VNAV, all in one sounds everything is great. I don’t miss anything. I think the overreaction of the community because its livery is not there, unfortunately a bit exaggerated. But that is my opinion and I would say we just wait and see what is coming. As it looks, there will be a lot of things to come. Thanks to the developers and everyone who worked on it. You should consider what the developers have provided us. GE Sound OMG ❤. Humans want everything but the developers cannot add everything so I respect the developers and am happy with what we currently have.

4 Likes

Can we select the type of approach before the departure? I mean as a part of the filed FPL? Would the aircraft then flies the approach designated altitudes without further intervention? What’s our role as pilots in the approach?!

1 Like

I’m not understanding what you’re asking here?

1 Like

u can always edit the flight plans and adjust them

1 Like

It’s a bit tough for me to figure out all the features of the update, but I’m sure I’ll get used to it soon.

Really adds realism to this sim!

2 Likes

When you file your flight plan, you choose SID, STAR and enroute waypoints according to the SimBrief or FPLTOIF… Then before reaching your destination you tune the ILS frequency (if available) and enable APPR mode. In this update; can we add the approach type as a part of the flight plan before departure and the VNAV would intercept the GS at the required altitude without me as a pilot input it?

1 Like

Umm the arrival only works for arriving

1 Like

Ok thanks… It seems you still couldn’t understand my point… Appreciate your help… Happy flying

2 Likes