HOLD button

Wouldn’t it be great to have an option to hold? What about a button “HOLD”, when pressed the airplane will fly an automatic holding pattern with 1 minute legs based on your present heading.

This way it would be way easier to handle heavy traffic.

29 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

5 Likes

Suspend XP counter when in HOLD mode.

2 Likes

How long do you expect to be in HOLD? Maybe XP could increment when you enter/leave holding, but shouldn’t just increment forever for hours.

Just a few min, don’t see the problem regarding the XP.

1 Like

No whenever the pilot wants, there can be a timer on for Max 10 min or so then it will se active but i don’t really think people will fly circles the whole day…

Oh yes!! I would love this, especially alongside APPR.

Would be great, since it’s heard for an approach control to give heading instructions for a holding pattern and at the same time clear people for ILS, give commands to other aircraft and what not. Simply great addition.

2 Likes

Thanks, hope we will see it soon as the busier it gets the better this is for the approach controller to have this. Would be awesome seeing a stock of 10 airplanes in the hold with all 1000 feet seperation :)

3 Likes

When pressed the plane could make a 180 degrees right turn then fly straight for 1 min and then right turn again one minute straight. Standard ICAO holding below 14.000 feet :)

3 Likes

Why not just a “hold” or “divert” (or both) button to tell the pilot to hold or divert if airport is busy?

Thats for ATC @Bryan_Gainey, could be added in the “deny entry” but its airmanship that if the airport is full you need to divert. As a “misc message” or somewhere else an instruction like “hold at present position” or so could be added and when in the holding you can keep on descending airplanes for example.

1 Like

Would be great with a divert, although I am sure a lot of people would troll with it on the playground… Only to be allowed for advance controllers? That would be kind of unfair though.

1 Like

After today’s nightmare at KASE, I would like to bring attention back to this topic, because if there is no approach controller, things can get out of hand really fast, as I found out tonight. In these cases, a holding pattern would be very helpful. Even though 360s can be used for this, tonight it seemed that pilots would maybe perform one 360, then continue inbound without performing any more, even when asked…

4 Likes

I want to see this in busy airports. This would be beneficial to pilots and atc controllers.

2 Likes

#sanclemente 😂

7 Likes

loving this idea