Blog Post Incoming Tomorrow
- Animated jet bridges and how they’ll operate and be improved upon over time
- The addition of the Tom Bradley International Terminal at KLAX (plus the addition of more highly detailed buildings in the future)
- F/A-18 Super Hornet and the E-175/E-190 are coming along in development nicely
- Military specific objects (sunshades, ammunition carts, K-Loader, and fuel truckers were shown)
- Taxiway lights, approach lights, and runway lights have been in the works (Lights will fade away with distance rendering. Different light intensities – everything ultra-realistic whilst still ensuring minimum frame-rate impact on user experience)
- Fly Pegasus 737-800 announced for a future update
Smaller things that were mentioned during Q&A period:
- Open-Source Liveries: Something that is internally talked about and possibly will be worked on in the future.
- Delivery frequency: This will be worked upon in the future. The system just isn’t there to support this currently – will need to be redone totally.
- Shared cockpits: Cameron and Laura are building systems to allow more cooperation for things that would be going to/from the server. Maybe not a shared cockpit but maybe some other cool things. Specifics weren’t talked about.
- A220 sounds are still in the works. Awaiting sound provider.
- Terrain Map and terrain above/under 60* latitude might potentially be looked at in the future. No clear plan on this for now.
- Upcoming plans to improve low-level VFR flying quality by adding refinement to the terrain.
- Taxi instructions are in the works but not much to share at this time.