Higher the altitude, higher thrust.

Have you ever fly above 34000ft, and have you ever find out that it use more thrust than lower altitude. Personally I think that if you fly A330 in 41000ft will not be using 100% of thrust and of course I don’t know if it is use like that in real world. Ps. It is possible for A330 fly in 41000ft.

I don’t think they fly that high. 787s can but I don think an a330 can.

Here I found a example imdiately for you.

`

2 Likes

No at higher altitude there is less air meaning less thrust. So more thrust is required to push the plane. but also less drag that’s why even if your airspeed is around 400 kts your ground speed will be a lot higher

4 Likes

That’s ground speed. I think m.87 is way faster than 400kts. Ask someone who actually flies planes like @Aernout.

2 Likes

I’ve show the example of my flight, that is absolutely fine but my question is it is happening in real world? I need an expert to answer me😄😄
( ground speed has shown )

The density of the air is lower, so you need more thrust to generate the same ammount of lift.

yep that’s what I meant just trying to simplify things.

2 Likes

But one thing I haven’t mention, it is also decreasing speed!!!
So it needs higher thrust to maintain speed.
Any experts ?

On your pic your traveling 470+ knots on the RL pic he is doing 460. You also are probably configured at a takeoff weight.

Well, it depends. I’ve try hole lots of things.

What’s your weight and balance?

In that pic I am trying heavy.
By the way, in real world it can go even faster above 40000ft in A330s

Idk how accurate this is but gives you a general idea your .7 Mach over the desired cruise speed

The heavy weight is the problem. Pretty sure planes can’t make it that high until they’ve burned off much of their fuel.

1 Like

Make sense but in IF can’t burn fuel or decreasing weight😂😂
Anyway thanks.

I think this is for A340-600

You have to do it yourself in the weight and balance settings.

1 Like

Just say so.

The speed of sound is not constant. At higher altitudes, it’s lower because there aren’t that many particles for the air to knock into.

1 Like