High winds

Strong strong winds and a rather strong anticyclone in the Atlantic Ocean Will I arrive at my destination?

2 Likes

Probably not seems you didn’t load enough fuel by the looks of it. When planning a flight, remember to plan thoroughly and check winds as that is a major factor in flight time.

1 Like

P.s. your cruise speed is WAAYYYYYY too high.

Throttle back to M0.83 and you’ll find your fuel will take you further.

2 Likes

I must ask, what plane are you flying? Boeing 777(-any variant)? Because if your Speed really is set to 0.88 than that’s too fast, and will make you consume more fuel than necessary. If it is the 777 you are flying then bring your speed down to Mach 0.84 (Optimal B777 Cruise Speed), or 0.86 (Maximum Commercial B777 Speed).

Speeding up your plane to combat the headwind won’t help you arrive faster but rather burn more fuel, it really becomes a mid-air curse to fly fast against wind.

2 Likes

Sometimes it’s a good idea to check windy.com for the real-time wind before your flight!

2 Likes

Okay, thank guys : i have 777 200ER (speedbird) my speed now Mach 0.83

3 Likes

Mach 0.83 works, although 0.84 would be the optimal speed for the 777-series, as that’s the how do I put it, correct speed for the 777 to fly, or the speed it usually, or most of the time flies. Of course Mach 0.83 and .84 isn’t the hugest difference and the 777 can indeed fly and does probably many time IRL too fly .83, so it’s up to you, but so that you know, 0.84 for the 777s, all of them and if you want to speed up, the maximum during commercial traffic, 0.86 :)

3 Likes

Well to arrive at EGLL, 4 violations in spite of not having reduced the speed while passing under the 10,000ft but if not M: 0.83 = perfect

Okay, thank for your help

1 Like

No worries, anytime. Thanks for reaching out to us for help, and I hope everything went well in the end :)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.