High Traffic at EGLL ( 0:00AM -1:00AM / sun 18 Oct)

FPLN: Manchester international-Heathrow
Callsign: speedbird 1399
I had to go around three times in a row and now I’m changing my destination to EGLC :’(

3 Likes

Sorry about that.

1 Like

You mean you had to divert? :) Theres always the 4th chance!

2 Likes

I think it’s a good thing though because it’s really realistic :)
Yeah I had to divert (my own choice)

Does anyone know which runway is in use for landing at London city (expert)? I’m too far to access ATC

Winds favor the 27s. Check the D-ATIS next time if you’re ever unsure! If no ATIS is available, look at the METAR, and choose the runway with the best headwind.

3 Likes

Do you have enough fuel?

Yes about 2,700kg.
I’m on final

Landing successful. Parked and out :) !

Good job

Hope you enjoyed your flight 😊

1 Like

I did :) after training for a year on the training server I am permanently using the expert server now

1 Like

There are less trolls when you want to fly EGLL-KLAX on expert server.

Because people at EGLL use the wrong runways and fly over each other and too close. I was unable to land at KLAX because I overflew. The pilots at EGLL on casual server were taking off on the same runway and opposing eachother.

I know this is expected and for a better experience to just fly Expert server.

1 Like

Unfortunately when the winds are very low, this still happens. I would love if the pilots checked fr24 before arrival 😒

2 Likes

Sorry to hear about that

On a side not, a heathrow divert would normally be anywhere in England but never City.

1 Like

@Zak_Plant
IRL yes, but it’s just a sim and the Op is free to do as he likes.

1 Like

Wait, what plane were you flying?

I gave him advice.

Do you want me to say well most likely this would have diverted to Manchester or Gatwick

1 Like

@Zak_Plant Yep. All I’m saying is he has no obligation to divert to a different destination, as long as no TFR is active.

1 Like

I was flying the A319

The largest aircraft that is allowed into London City is the A318, stated in the TFR over London…

1 Like