High speed landing in Quito

Today I flew a flight from Dakar Blaise Diagne GOBD to Quito SEQM in expert serve, using Lufthansa Cargo MD-11F, landed on Quito runway 36.
Quito airport is about 7500ft high, and as the same time I flew the MD-11F, the ground speed when I landed was about 180kts, but my airspeed was only about 150kts. It was really a challenge landing, but I made it successfully.
Btw, it was the first flight after I reach Grade 5. I felt very happy to have landed in such a challenging airport.

19 Likes

Awesome photo! It’s a great achievement reaching grade 5, something I’m yet to do.

1 Like

At last someone at Quito. It is fun taking off there.

1 Like

Very nice to see UIO being used! In fact, it’s nice to see any Ecuadorian airport being used! I’m sure @Lucas_Piedra will be equally happy to see this

2 Likes

I watched PilotsEye a year ago, there was one collect shows Quito approach, it was really fantastic and always attracts me to fly there in IF.I used to fly to Quito some times, and my 500th landing was finished from Amsterdam to Quito by KLM. But at that time the ground views in South America didn’t seemed very nice.
This should be a very beautiful airport in reality I think.😆

1 Like

Yeah, it an absolutely beautiful approach now that we have all the scenery…

1 Like

Definitely proud!

2 Likes

Great Job!!! 💪

1 Like