High Elevation Airports

I have flown on Infinite Flight into high elevation airports HAAB and VNKT. I recently found out about SLLP. What other high elevation airports has anyone flown to

1 Like

I’ve flown into Lukla.

1 Like

Mexico City and Bogotá are the first ones to come to mind. They’re 7,300 and 6,400 respectively (don’t quote me on that lol)

2 Likes

Denver KDEN

2 Likes

ZULS and OPSD are some high elevation airports in Asia!

1 Like

Yes the “Mile High Airport” knee slap 😂

2 Likes

I am starting my approach into MMSP (San Luis Potosi) right now.

1 Like

2NC0 is another interesting one. Near Asheville Regional

1 Like

Quito, Ecuador (SEQM). Its elevation is 7910 ft.

1 Like

Any airport in central Mexico, MMMX for example, airports in Bolivia, Colombia SKBO

1 Like

MROC (San Jose, Costa Rica) is pretty high too. Like 4000 FT

1 Like

SPZO cusco! The approach to 28 is super fun

1 Like

ZUDC is at 14,400ft.

2 Likes

Bradshaw AAF on the big island, Mammoth Lake California and Samaden Airport Switzerland are high airports that are currently available and fun to fly in without pro sub

2 Likes

Leadville, CO is a fun one. It sits around 11,000 feet if I recall correctly

2 Likes

Qamdo Bamda is another one in Tibet, has a extremely long runway and scheduled flights to Chengdu and Beijing.

1 Like

I have flown into Eagle Colorado, in a B757 which is the biggest that fits there, and the airport is 6,546 ft high.

1 Like

VILH is a nice one. Follow the instructions here to land and take off from there:

3 Likes

Daocheng Yading is extremely fun to fly into. Sits at around 14000 feet so it is the highest elevation commercial airport in the world.

1 Like

How high is a high elevation airport?🧐 3000ft MSL, 5000ft MSL, what is considered high altitude?