Hidden Gem

After operating a flight from KSEA-KPDX in a Dash 8 I got the urge to do some exploring in the Seattle region. I spawned at KTTD in a 172 and filed a VFR flight plan following the Columbia River east to Columbia George regional (KDLS) about 43 miles away. The flight is very relaxing with scenery that is sure to be even more incredible with the global update. I just cruised the the Columbia River Gorge Scenic Area at about 1,500 ft and enjoyed the views. The short flight is great for anyone who just wants to slow things down and just appreciate a different kind of flying in infinite flight and I highly recommend it!

P.S. If you if you takeoff from KTTD on runway 25 you’ll need to make an immediate right turn to avoid the approach path into 28R at KPDX!

-Happy Flight!

31 Likes

This is what VFR flying is all about. Low and slow, exploring new areas, and not trying to go high and fast with autopilot. Glad to see I’m not the only one doing this!

19 Likes

Can’t wait to do exactly those flights with the new global scenery.

7 Likes

It was very satisfying. Even without the new scenery the terrain was very dramatic and beautiful. Made me look up the area online. I’m always finding new ways to entertain myself in this sim.

The new scenery is gonna be awesome

1 Like

The Seattle region is my favorite area for back country flying. Theres a few neat airports and approaches hidden back there.

7 Likes

I need to do some more exploring out there for sure.

Seattle is such a beautiful area. If you want to do explore some more airports along the coast and in the mountains, I suggest using the Super D

3 Likes

That some of my favorite things to do. Take out a 208 or 172, and just fly, without a flight plan, and take it all in. Very fun.

1 Like

Seattle’s VFR flying is brilliant. I usually fly in the north area so I’m not familiar with this route but I love the approach into 21W from the north.

2 Likes

It certainly is gorgeous. Haven’t been to 21W yet but this flight may have convinced me the I should go see what’s it’s all about.

1 Like

I actually love this type of flying so much, thanks Chad for making this thread, I love this

1 Like

Seeing this inspired me to do some back country in a 172. Flew from Ranger Creek, progressively climbed up Rainer, and down into Packwood. Really fun time, thanks for sharing this thread. image

3 Likes

It’s really nice to fly there.

The landscape is just beautiful 💚

1 Like

I fly the region all the time. The best current scenic VFR flying in IF!

Columbia River entire length east / west (avoiding KPDX airspace through Portland)

Quillayute south down the coast.

Mountains to the North / Northwest including Ranger Creek and Packwood.

1 Like

Mt Rainiet on your left, Mt Hood on your right, and the wide river below you are really great sights to see.

1 Like

cant wait to explore the Mountain Areas of the world like this when global comes around… like Himalaya, The Andes, Swiss alps, Rocky mountains… really cant wait to do that

2 Likes

Seattle is beautiful! Love to hear this kind of stuff the base regions we have now!

1 Like

its true i think general aviation aircraft are awesome but developers should do a little work on the cessna 172 and 208 interiors and maybe add the 210 or 310 or 340

1 Like

Definetly going to give this a try, thanks!

1 Like