Hey community I have a question about taking a camera on a flight

I have a question would the pilots take your camera or go pro on flights and give it to the pilots to take a video of the flight or the taxi takeoff or landing and get it back when you arrive at the destination I have wanted to do this for some time now but I’m not sure if they allow it

2 Likes

I think it all depends on the pilot tbh

1 Like

I wouldn’t try it myself but idk.

1 Like

So it’s not against the rules it’s just if their willing to do it

Would depend on country.

United States of America is the country

@DeerCrusher whats your stance on this?

I would really like to do this sometime

1 Like

Thinking about this I wouldn’t do it unless i knew or my family knew or had connections with the pilot.

2 Likes

Why wouldn’t you do it

This may also have to do with the airline. Some airlines won’t let you see the cockpit. They may have rules about foreign objects in the cockpit.

I’m going to guess no there probably not going to do it since there’s rules and regs that say that

1 Like

There is not rule in the FAA regulations stating that you cannot use a camera in a cockpit. I do know that some airlines do not permit passengers into their cockpits. A couple good examples are Allegiant, Spirit and sometimes Frontier. A couple airlines that do is American, Alaska and especially Southwest. For a camera, it comes down to the pilot. I know so many pilots that would allow this. But I also know a lot that probably don’t. They would probably say that there is already to much to worry about in the cockpit let alone a camera. But don’t worry, I’ll ask for you🙂

Wrong! The OP is asking whether the pilots can film during a critical phase of flight which is forbidden by the FAA. Most if not all airlines have rules against using cameras in cockpits.!

I don’t think you understood what I said. I was saying that I know some pilots who should take a GoPro and stick it on something an tape a landing or takeoff. I know a passenger cannot be in the cockpit during the flight at anytime unless they are at the gate. I keep reading the rules and it does not forbid any filming in the cockpit by a crew member

You could ask, I’d probably guess no. I know on our fixed wing unless it’s not allowed. Our Helicopters have cameras on them though

1 Like

Solution: Become a pilot and take the video yourself! 😂 just kidding…

I’m really not sure myself about what the pilots would think. Usually pilots are pretty nice; at least on the flights I’ve been on. (Domestic US and USA->Canada flights)

1 Like

I’m pretty sure it’s ok to film, just depends if you’re flying on Air Koryo or not XD

3 Likes

Wow thanks I really appreciate it

1 Like

Lol good one I think I’ll become a pilot then

1 Like