Herpa or Gemini? Your opinion!

I’m thinking about buying 1 or 2 models for Christmas. Not sure if I should get Gemini 1:400 or Herpa 1:500.
I don’t care about pricing, I just care about the overall look of the aircraft

• Herpa
  • GeminiJets

0 voters

Closes at 00:00 et.

1 Like

I feel like Gemini’s quality it’s much more better I have one of both manufacturers and Gemini’s is much more better quality to me at least.

6 Likes

I feel that 1:400 is too small?

This is 1:400 Lufthansa A380 from Herpa

4 Likes

Yesterday I got the Emirates A380 united for wildlife Gemini jets 1:400. My whole collection is Gemini Jets and I don’t want that to change. They’re the best in my opinion

1 Like

I’m I the only one who likes the kits better

I’m thinking in purchase the LH A350 model from Gemini, looks gorgeous!

5 Likes

Gemini are a lot more expensive and more detailed and Herpas are bigger.

1 Like

Gemini are probably better overall, but I have a 1:200 LH A346 of Herpa that looks beyond fab.

1 Like

I think you should get the Gemini jets, they are more detailed (in my opinion), and in my local hobby store they sell more accessories for the 1:400 models.

1 Like

I purchased at least 15 Gemini planes but the only thing herpa is the larger models and the airport for the Gemini aircrafts

I wish they would remove the option for normal users to close polls. It’s so annoying.

I choose Gemini.

1 Like

lol I would say Gemini but I’m a Daron 1:250 scale guy so my expierence is quite limited.

In terms of Gemini vs Herpa, there are positives to both sides. In the 1/400 market they’re both diecast and have excellent models, the only difference is some of the new Gemini releases now have antennas. In 1/200 scale I would avoid Herpa because their prices are very high for a plastic (they do have a few diecast but not many) compared to a Gemini which is around the same price range and a diecast model with details such as antennas. I would also suggest that you also have a look at JC Wings in 1/200 and 1/400 as they make models as well using the Gemini tooling, and InFlight200 for 1/200 models. There is also Aeroclassics in the 1/400 scale who specializes in older models, however they’re more fradgile and you have to be extremely careful to not have the rubber tires pop off the models. If you have any further questions about pricing or quality feel free to ask, as I work as a retailer.

2 Likes

Herpa cause they do airports

Gemini also has a range of airport items

6 Likes

That’s what I’m getting ;)

1 Like

Gemini has nicer models but sometimes Herpa has a few things that Gemini doesn’t…all depends on what you want in an airplane model…

Its also fun to collect the “rare” Gemini jets :D

1 Like

Is at your model airport?

2 Likes