Here's your chance to buy a jet from the Qatar royal family

This lavish Boeing 747-8 has only been used by the royals and VIPs

The Boeing 747, of which production has been ended, is a particular favorite of the Qatar royal family. Of the fourteen luxury planes currently in service for Qatar Amiri Flight, their private fleet, three are 747s. All three are also the larger and advanced 747-8 models. One of them is actually for sale.

This is the same jet that has taken the royal family around the world, and is very similar to what you can fly in Infinite Flight. Since delivery in 2012, it’s accrued just 1069 hours of flight, averaging about 130 hours a year, which equates to just over two hours flying per week.

This plane has two bedrooms, each with an accompanying bath, with nine more bathrooms throughout. This 748 can seat 89 passengers, either in typical - if more luxurious - airplane seats or on couches or lounges throughout. For entertainment, the plane is equipped with 11 ‘large’ televisions throughout. The aircraft is centered around an ornate gold theme.

The biggest question, really, is who might buy it. Qatar Amiri Flight has offered a 748 for sale in the past. However, a buyer couldn’t be found, and it was gifted to the Turkish government. That plane, the same except with a blue theme rather than gold, had only 436 hours of flying in its time with the royal family.

The price on this plane has not been disclosed, but it’s like the saying often mentioned about Rolls-Royce: he who asks how much it costs can’t really afford it.

All images via Qatar Amiri Flight | This article was originally posted by me on DriveTribe and CarWorld
19 Likes

If it’s free and they pay for the operational/maintenance costs, I’ll get it (and repaint in a BrUhTiSh Airways livery)

3 Likes

If only they’d give it away…

1 Like

There is a chance, just like

1 Like

I’d repaint it to either a Spirit Air, Southwest Desert Gold, Pacific Southwest Airlines, or a National Airlines (1970’s) livery just to f with people. 🤣

2 Likes

Why not Pan Am?

2 Likes

I’d love to see a 748 with a bright yellow Spirit livery, actually.

2 Likes

I wanted to choose “unnatural” colors for the 747. 😜

2 Likes

That would be interesting but not something I’d wanna see often 😅

1 Like

That’s too much yellow.

1 Like

Please don’t make a banana bus 747-8i

I wonder how much banana puree you’ll need to paint a 747

3 Likes

@Thunderbolt how’s the GAT bank account looking? A possible acquirement?

2 Likes

Sir, we are in debt for goodness sake, stop bothering me 😠

Let’s turn this thing into a hotel and have an IFC takeover 😏

8 Likes

I’d take it, but I’m only licensed in the DA20 and C152 as a student… well, time to start my IFR training 😜

2 Likes

I would get this thing and paint it in the Airbus house colors, with the lettering “A747”.

4 Likes

I should be banned from the universe…

6 Likes

That’s amazing. It should be painted like that.

1 Like

Howdy!! 😜

2 Likes

Or repaint it in a Hawaiian Airlines livery.

1 Like

Yes…yes…let me just pull out my wallet

oh look…50 bucks and a gum…TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT

2 Likes