Henrik003’s ATC Radar Tracking Thread - [Closed] @LOWS

Radar Tracking Thread from Henrik003

Hey all! I just started with radar training. and want to improve my radar knowledge/skills!

Feedback is much appreciated!

Airport: LOWS

Runway: 15

Server: Training

Please take the focus on ILS approaches Visual , / Radar Vectors GPS Approaches with Stars

This thread was approved by my trainer @Edoardo_C/@Syncline

Tags

@FN60fps / @RickG / @Jumbo-Jan @J-F_V / @RafaelPadilla

Have a nice day :)

Henrik

9 Likes

Hey, I am now open at LIMLon the Training Server.

Runway 36 is use
Please Request ILS Approaches, Visual Approaches and Radar Vectors!

Hope to see a few stopping by :))

4 Likes

I am now closed thank you to everyone who joined today!

2 Likes

Now Open at LIML
Runway 36 is in use.
Please request ILS, Visual Approaches and Radar Vectors.

2 Likes

I will be there soon!

2 Likes

Awesome see you soon!

@Henrik003 (OK-LOL) feedback

• Heading 160 and 170 vectored me into a kind of tight downwind which after became a fast final turn. heading 180 would have been more appropriate initially.

Otherwise, nice altitude assignments, intercept, report airport insight, clearances, and handoff.

2 Likes

Thanks for your feedback! Appreciate it and thanks for stopping by!
Wish you a nice day :) 👍🏼

3 Likes

Same for me (D-LARS) nicely done 😊

2 Likes

Hello @Henrik003, I was the one who was controlling ground and tower, I am currently preparing for the IFATC practical exam so I decided to help you out

1 Like

I am now closed!

Thanks for attending @FN60fps @XY_MAGIC

3 Likes

What airport are you doing next? I was about to come but I was just too late!!

Nice job also. Thanks for the service

3 Likes

Your welcome! I accidently issued a pattern work to all visual approaches which was unnecessary because I was working with radar and therefore only a sequence is required if there are not number 1.

3 Likes

It was great to see two trainees at one airport. I loved it… if possible you could do this more often.

4 Likes

I am now Open At LIML

Runway 36 in use

Please request ILS/Visual Approaches and Radar Vectors

On the way 10

I am now closed!

I’m now Open

Airport: LIML, Runway 36 in use

Request ILS/Visual Approaches/ Radar Vectors

@FN60fps @IF787 @RickG @Jumbo-Jan @XY_MAGIC

1 Like

• [20:47:50] & [20:56:39] - It would’ve been better if you gave me HDG 150 initially - 30 degrees off from a downwind heading of 180. The 140 you gave me at [21:05:38] is also fine, since the runway headings here aren’t the best to work with.
  • [20:53:01] - You can hand off as soon as you’ve cleared an aircraft for the visual, you don’t have to wait for them to turn to final.
  • [20:51:54] & [21:00:41] - HDG 270 would be better for the base turn, the 260 at [21:12:28] was also fine, again, cause of the runway headings at LIML.
  • [21:08:01] - I don’t know if your finger slipped, or you actually meant to give me HDG 160, 180 would’ve been preferable.
  • [21:14:17] - The intercept was, technically, ~30 degrees, so I’ll let that slide.

Overall, there aren’t any show stoppers, just some things to polish on. I’d recommend training at another airport, though, with better runway headings - the ones at LIML are really in-between-ish and aren’t exactly helpful for establishing controller habits. Thanks for having me, feel free to ping me for future sessions - I can’t guarantee I’ll be able to attend, but I’ll pay a visit whenever I can!

1 Like