Help with tips

Hi everyone,
Troubleshoot here wanting to say I have finally purchased a Live+ subscription. I have been playing on solo for about 8 months now, trying to just train and practice so when I went online I would be ready (I was told in the beginning to just practice on solo, I did not know there were training servers) so Today with the flightcast information in hand (I personally didn’t listen to it, just taking the comments into account) I have been hesitating to purchase a subscription to play but with no pricepoint of global i thought the best thing I could do is get Live + and hope I made the right decision. Well with my purchase the first thing I did was log into atc, absolutely love it & completed my first successful take off of a 777 with the name of Sam (pictures below) & completing my first flight from KGRF-KTIW in the Seattle, WA region. Well the problem was that with my first flight, I got a violation of landing a 787-9 @ KTIW. I understand there are restrictions but with my excitement I didn’t think about aircraft size and I dont understand what a voilation is. I am willing to learn, I am just asking for some tips and some pointers in the right direction of most restrictions, what violations do, & more. I want to thank Sam and the entire community for encouraging me to get live and move forward with my Infinite-Flight Experience. Any tips or advice would be great, thank everyone for being apart of this great community and safe landings!

Update: thanks for the replies, first of all I am new but not that new, I know somewhat of the basis of the forum and propper flight. The violation i got was the aircraft size not speed or any other violation idk how to tell the airport is too small for my aircraft @Blently & also i can land with only a -50fpm landing pulling barely .1G’s I can handle my aircraft appropriately without APPR @Aryan_Sharma thank you for the advice though.

3 Likes

I think this would better fit under #live

3 Likes

Thank you, I’m still learning. Category changed.

2 Likes

Hello and Welcome to the Infinite Flight Community! Seems like you could use a little information about IFC so Read through the information below and enjoy your stay!

Here at IFC, we have trust levels. Once you achieve a trust level, then you will have more Topics to post in. In order to post in the #live:va, #live:events, #features and #real-world-aviation categories, you must be trust level 2 (TL2). Keep liking, reading, and contributing more to the community and you’ll be there before you know it! Take a look at the link below :)

Also, in the next link below, there is a ton of information for you to read to get yourself better acquainted with the forum. Like always, if you have a question, the moderators are happy to help (They are the people with the Shield next to their name)

Below, there are extremely useful tutorials to help you start flying and start Controlling. The tutorials are Official and are created by FDS.

Once again Welcome to IFC and We hope you like it here! :)

I can also add that Infinite Flight Mentorship Program is a great Pilot Training Course for Infinite Flight… Check them out below :)

5 Likes

I changed it for him, but it reverted itself.

2 Likes

Hi, so a violation is basically a penalty that you’ll get by not following the rules/restrictions. It’s like going at 45 mph in a 25 mph zone and you get a citation.

Here are the restrictions by which you could get a violation if not followed.

Credit: Tyler Shelton

At the end the day (or days) they “disappear” (well technically they don’t) and you go back to normal.

I hope this answers your questions. :)

6 Likes

For landing 787 ,777 ,321, 320 ,318 ,319 you can also use ‘appr’ option

Thanks, guys.