Help taking off at Key West with a Delta CRJ-700

I want to fly from KJFK-KEYW and back using the CRJ-700. The aircraft has enough range I just need help taking off at KEYW with the aircraft, because in real life the CRJ-700 does fly in and out of Key West.

1 Like

What kind of help do you need?

1 Like

Hey, for help taking off the CRJ, I would check out this tutorial by our very own @Mark_Denton.

3 Likes

What type of help do u need? Cause if it’s the lack of speed maybe you can put parking break at the beginning of the runway, set takeoff power and then release the parking break, if that doesn’t work then lower the cargo, like have less cargo, therefore having more initial thrust and being less heavy… Also, keep in mind that the crj family in infinite flight lacks a lil on engine power and in lift, maybe u can also put more flaps…

if that doesn’t work maybe use the a319 with the delta livery which i i’m sure is not that realistic using it in KEYW but I’m sure it can takeoff without problem

Actually they do fly the A319 into Key West.

1 Like

Oh… lol, thanks for the piece of info, didn’t know that 😂

1 Like

I only know that because I just looked at fr24 right now and two just landed one delta and one American.

2 Likes

Lol!! I just searched on youtube and yes, they do!

2 Likes

Delta operates a 737 as well so you could also use that if the problem continues @InfiniteFlight48

2 Likes

Would the 737-800 be realistic or no?

2 Likes

Yes, it would but I’m not sure about that exact route.

2 Likes

I just did kind of a test flight 💀, I put 4 hours of fuel in the a319, full passengers and full cargo, I had a crosswind of 14-16 knots and used 92-95% takeoff power, started rotation at about 140 knots and the aircraft managed to lift off at around 145-159 knots, so I think that it’s more useful using the 319

(with flaps 2)

1 Like

Both aircraft would work but I recommend uses full takeoff thrust and doing a static takeoff (hold the breaks at the start then release) also use flaps 2 for A319 or flaps 5/10 for 737.

2 Likes

exactly, that’s more realistic

2 Likes

and also, i think that the flight from EYW-JFK it’s not 4 hours so u will be able to takeoff with no problem

1 Like

I don’t think it would be realistic. Southwest and Delta previously used their 737-700s to Key West, never the 737-800 because of the different performances.

When Delta retired their 737-700s, they switched to the A319.

The 737-800 at a max payload wouldn’t realistically be able to depart Key West’s short runway. An empty one might be able to though.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.