Help me identify this plane

I saw this plane flying over me while I was out doing some stuff, not really sure what kind of plane it is but it was definitely cool to see it heading to Buffalo Niagara International

3 Likes

Looks to me like an Airbus, maybe an A320?

3 Likes

It will tell you on flightradar24

1 Like

👆🏼👆🏼👆🏼👆🏼

1 Like

move this to #real-world-aviation:spotting

1 Like

What time and date in Zulu was this? And approx location of photo

That is for higher quality images

5 Likes

Around 5:30 to 6 p.m. Eastern Standard Time and the location was Buffalo New York

Judging by the playback of the last hour and a half, it’s either a jetBlue E190 or a Southwest 737.

3 Likes

Seems too short and fat for an E190 imo

1 Like

The engines are too skinny for a 737

Definitely an airbus

2 Likes

So, that probably a SouthWest B737-800 because if you look closely at the winglets. It looks like a B737-800 that came in from Phoenix. And it’s probably strange because Buffalo has been using runway 14/32 operations all day today.

1 Like

seems pretty obvious this is a 320/319

@AviationFreak @Captain_Cannon there’s no A320 that came in at that time. There were 3 of them that came in earlier but it was sunny at the time. In this photo and the current time, it’s cloudy atm

1 Like

spooky ghost plane then idk

1 Like

Is it maybe possible it was going to something nearby, like Rochester? They had an Allegiant A319 earlier

Did you take the pictures with your phone? It should have an exact timestamp.

Rochester arrivals don’t go that low and they usually fly to the South of the airport over my house at 10,000ft

1 Like

It’s definitely a A320

I might be wrong on this, but could it be a JetBlue A320 at 2:51 PM EST?

The three pictures you uploaded have timestamps:

That should be 14:51:30 or 2:51 PM. At 2:51 PM today, a JetBlue A320 flew over Buffalo and landed minutes later.

B61986 operated by N643JB: