Help me find this airport!

Hi all!

Bit of a strange request… I’m trying to remember an airport, but I just can’t! It’s an awesome airport so I’m hoping someone will help end my frustrating misery!

• I’m pretty sure the airport is in Europe or close to (to the west perhaps?) Could be just outside.
  • The airport is inside a bay, surrounded by high terrain, especially at one end of the runway. You can only approach over the water. This is my biggest clue!
  • Approach would have you vectored over the sea until final approach into the bay
  • There is parking on the left hand side of the airfield upon arrival into the bay
  • I’m pretty sure the airport has hosted FNF
  • It may be serviced by BA
  • It could have two parallel runways

I will be forever in debt to anyone who can help me! Help end the frustration! 😂

2 Likes

If you remembered the day you flew it, chances are you could just go through your log book… If it’s not in europe sounds like something from New Zealand

2 Likes

I’ve just been through 100 pages of my Logbook and no luck. I’ve most likely overlooked it, but I’ve been looking for around a week now!

1 Like

Check Madeira (LPMA)?

1 Like

That’s what I was going to say, based on your description, that would probably be correct.

Very close, but terrain is a lot higher at the end of the runway at where I’m searching. Thanks, though!

Madeira isn’t in a bay.

Any airline you know for sure operates into the airport?

Was it on an island or was it on mainland?

Either BA or a codeshare airline. Pretty sure I flew here with BAVA for FNF!

1 Like

I’m gonna say mainland, but could be wrong.

1 Like

Could it be Geneva? Though Geneva isn’t in a bay…

1 Like

is it Krasnodar or Sochi? They were both featured in an FNF @Liam_Smart

1 Like

Love Geneva, but not Geneva.

1 Like

I’ll try to help:

1. Pulau Tioman WMBT
1 Like

@Liam_Smart is it Nice (LFMN)?

2 Likes

Could it be Nice(LFMN) though I am not sure if it has hosted an FNF
It meets all the other criteria:

• It is in Europe(France)
  • It is by the Mediterranean and there is high terrain at the North-East side of the airport
  • You will be vectored over the sea if landing on 4L or 4R
  • When landing on the RWY04s, the apron is on the left-hand side
  • It is definitely serviced by BA
  • It has 2 parallel runways (RWY4L/22R and RWY4R/22L)
4 Likes

Doesn’t have 2 runways, but I think you might be talking about Gilbraltar (LXGB)

Nice job being 3 min earlier. haha

3 Likes

Yeah I was going to say that but like you said doesn’t have 2 runways, but part of the runway does double up as a road maybe that counts haha.

1 Like