Helicopters

Cool idea!!

cool idea but that will take years to happen

Hope IF developers are really working on the Helicopter as they did for the A350… lol

1 Like

I just use the sr22 in solo with full winds.

1 Like

I did that a while ago 🤔

2 Likes

I like the sr22 the most because something like the 172 and xcub are to light and their v-speeds are to low, but I feel the sr22 has the perfect v-speeds. Also I figured out that the nose gear of the dc-10 extender can lift off at really low speeds.

Theory that I just thought of…

What do we see a lot of helicopters as? Medevac’s.
So with the implementation of buildings. What if we had hospitals added with helipads to preform fun Medevac trips? Heli’s arnt meant for long range or substantially long flights which if these would come to the sim would be nice to have a purpose and fun flying locations.

Thoughts?

3 Likes

You have my vote, and I won’t let the thread close now

Personally I like planes way more but having sone helicopters will be nice.

Although of the fact that IF’s ground scenery is not that detailed I would love to have the opportunity to fly helicopters :)

2 Likes

Love this picture !

I still have some hope as it was an April fool just like the A350 but in the end we have the A350 now :)

3 Likes

Yep, even if they aren’t true to life just yet I think putting the helicopters in would be great just to mess around with. I mean we still fly the C-17, Spitfire, etc. despite how outdated they are just fine so why not?

1 Like

Agree with you ! For those who think it wouldn’t be fun flying low as the graphics are not that good … it’s also about the feeling flying a helicopter and the missions we could do!

1 Like

Going to try keep this from closing! Here’s a cool S-92A I took at Aberdeen.

…why do you think we should or shouldn’t have them in here

Looking at how things are taking off inside and outside of the world of IF there might be a need for entertainment coverage, we might need a news helicopter to cover live events at departure and destination airports or even somewhere in between, even if it means automated heli for 24 hour Infinite Flight Channel live streams on busiest airports. Well if that’s too hard to code maybe even an Advertising Blimp, but a heli would be action-wise cool though, whichever way entices “celebrative moods” and gather attention.

It’s for show. The future of marketing is quantum entangled with show business. Nuff’ said.

1 Like

I WOULD ABSOLUTELY LOVE A HH-60 Jolly Green in IF
1CF27B62-2782-45B3-A71E-EA7CA29A19AE

3 Likes

This is an awesome idea. We really need helicopters.