Helicopter EC135

I would really like to see this helicopter in infinite flight. Please feel free to comment

Yeah absolutely right though, I think we won’t never see any helicopter on IF

1 Like

As always, a little more information would be appreciated. Why do you want to see this aircraft, and what kind of specifications does it have?

3 Likes

Helicopters are still in the planning stage according to an interview with one of the FDS guys, but they’ve got other things to work on like airport buildings etc so we probably won’t see helis for a long time.

@anon93248082 look it’s a heli request

1 Like

I really can’t imagine helicopters in the game currently. They are way more detailed and complex in design and aerodynamics. Maybe we’ll see it one day but I think it’s a long way until then because as already said there are plenty of other things need to be done first imo (airport lightning improvements, reworks for all older aircraft, big sound overhaul).

1 Like

We just bought an Airbus H135 (EC135) it’s a very awesome ship to fly!

2 Likes

Just a little, detail wise no, the CRJ 700 is more detail and complex then let’s say the Airbus H135.
aerodynamically we have some differences which isn’t complex to understand if you know what you’re talking about.

1 Like

If I compare a helicopter with an airplane, I can see way more details on a helicopter. The CRJ900 is pretty detailed, sure, but a heli (animated with slightly visible windows, tilting rotors, side doors to open and maybe even a winch) still has more single parts, a plane is a long roll with wings, meaning a detailed heli would really challenge mobile devices, especially older ones.

When introducing helicopters to the game, there also needs to be a whole new HUD layout with joystick control, engine thrust and a vertical speed regulator, simply because a helicopter uses a different methode to fly, and that’s not included to the game yet, and it would be a huuuge update which adds this system.

Next point with helicopters: they aren’t flying at FL350, they’re mostly way closer to the ground than planes are, so I think a more detailed map with a higher resolution is needed to make heli flying more fun. Trolling would become even more annoying/fun (depends on who u are at the moment) because you can just hover in the approach area of a runway for example.

I would really like to see helicopters in the game, but there are plenty of challenges needed to be solved before. And if it’s possible on mobile devices, we probably have to wait a long time, but at some points mobile sims are just limited.

3 Likes

Detail on a helicopter isn’t as bad.
Depending on the ship your rotors aren’t obvious to tilt. The H135 is a semi articulated rotor system. In the real world you can barely see it. Unless you want that extremed detail yes it will be a challenge.

HUD wise no needed is to change, it can remain the same. The Engine trust goes out just like any jet now having induced flow and induction flow you’ll need.
My VS in the 412 I fly is exactly the same as the R22 and C172 so nothing changes there.

Trolls : They always will be trolls whether you’re flying the Cessna to the F22.
The scenery you don’t need higher updates, I can go land In different parts with the Decathalon (Which I do a ton of off site landings)

1 Like

Don’t get me wrong, I really like the idea of adding a different type of aircraft. And I’m sure there will be a solution for all questions, but helicopters are some kind of a fringe group in IF at the moment, so let’s see what the future brings.

Actually your point on using helicopters to troll can help get rid of other players that are in to messing around. It’s a lot easier to catch them around the airport and since helicopters can’t fly as high as airplanes they would stay closer to where more people are at and where there is more detail, which is around airports.

2 Likes

Kind of like wingflex on airplanes.

2 Likes

Stat Medivac? Pittsburgh theamed Air Ambulance. Talked to some of their pilots a while back (@anon93248082 will always be the best helicopter pilot though…) and they were the best. Flew into a camp I was at (not because anyone was hurt, it was a scheduled demo…) and it was awesome. Never knew that the Co-Pilot can double as a nurse depending on what they need…

1 Like

Lol I’m not the best, I know nothing

1 Like

Right depending on the rotor system, systems like what the Robbie’s use, Bell 212/214 you’ll notice it,
The H135, H225, Md500 you won’t

2 Likes

I would love to see this added in IF, especially in the NPAS livery

New topic coming