Height Limit?

So I was wondering if I could go into free mode and go up into space and possibly ( 99% not going to happen) go to the moon. But before I waste my time is there a heigh limit in infinite flight?

2 Likes

There is no height limit, but there is a stall limit. As you get higher, your airspeed decreases, making you more prone to a stall, which is basically why you can’t get an empty 77L passed FL480

6 Likes

Well, I don’t know about the moon, but you can certainly get to a pretty high altitude. All aircraft have their limits of course, but I don’t think the game has a built in height limit, you could just go as high as you can as long as it’s within the capabilities of the aircraft. Eventually, you’ll loose speed at start to descend.

2 Likes

There’s a replay mode glitch where people have made it to Neptune.

9 Likes

I’m talking about free mode.

1 Like

what is it?

1 Like

There isn’t any limitations to your altitude (except your time maybe). As people pointed out, sky is not the limit, but the aerodynamics are, however, if I recall correctly, C172 doesn’t have a stall limit because you are not expected to be pushing it to the edge, so you can try that.

3 Likes

Do you mean the free cam?
If so, no, you can’t. You can only go a certain distance from your aircraft in any direction. The moon is 100% unreachable in free cam. The edge of the atmosphere might be. Try getting your aircraft to maybe cruise at FL500-600 and go straight up in free cam. Only problem is you’ll run out of fuel soo you’ll have to move really fast. Not sure it’ll work. You’re probably better off going in the a/c.

2 Likes

If you are ever going to do this, I recommend using the Citation X or any small fighter jet, as private jets usually are small and powerful, enabling them to reach higher altitudes.

1 Like

Hmm 🤔 .Exactly,@piggywu has reached a height of 120,000ft.Maybe his networking is error.

1 Like

Well I actually went to 124,000ft MSL at the time, but for somehow I can’t reach that altitude anymore. The maximum altitude I can do now is only 104,000ft MSL.

1 Like

The highest that I have gotten to is 176,000 in the F-22

1 Like

I remember @GBKarp getting to 1,200,000,000 feet, if you manage to do that, maybe it will work, it will take A LOT of time tho.

2 Likes

According to community member Maxim, he claims he heard from Laura (CEO) the moon is a solid object. It is 99.99% unreachable since you’d need pure luck to reach it, or at least some sort of control/aim which you don’t have in space.

I somehow remember reading this post a year and a half ago

5 Likes

12,000,000, but you get the idea

2 Likes

well I will try that out then.

Well I got to this altitude on a 738 by using the replay bug lol

8 Likes

Ye, but I got there in a ‘legit’ way, and it was in live.

2 Likes

wow, congrats!
I only got 960,000 lol

2 Likes

It was a bug, but everyone could see it, and I even sent unicome messages in EGLL (casual) so people go confused

2 Likes