Heavy traffic at EGLL

I’m sure that exaggerating a bit, although as you can see it was extremely busy.

1 Like

Thanks for your help

1 Like

Actually, some people were waiting about an hour and a half for pushback (from what I heard)

1 Like

Sounds a little exaggerated but I wasn’t the controller so it’s possible.
Extremely busy, and even in the real world those delays can happen.

Yeah, I haven’t seen an airport this busy in a long time.

2 Likes

It was worth the wait, but yeah a bit longer wait than normal. Not the controller’s fault, just a heavily populated airport today.

1 Like

I was holding over Gatwick 40 minuets before landing at egll!

2 Likes

The only issue is that Minutes after take off i fell in sleep and crashed I don’t know where.

But really nice evening guys.

1 Like

It was fun but I had to wait about 3 hours to take off 😂😂

3 Likes

You could have landed if the runway was clear. But in these heavy traffic conditions it was the better choice to end the flight… :)

3 Likes

I waited more than an hour to fly to FAOR. A346 SAA, eventually I gave up and went to bed.

And I cant attend cause I am still ,Grade 1‘ 😟

1 Like

Just continue flying, collect some landings with touch and goes and you‘ll reach grade 3 in no time! There are many FNFs to come where you can participate!

1 Like

Yes. It was frustrating, the issues was there was the flash flight so there were so many inbounds that at some points there were no departures for 5 minutes or so. Thankfully Approach heard our cries and started to delay arrivals so deeps could start going but the masses on both ends made the airport get backed up and it was the only choice we had. As for the reason you were held at your gates it’s so I know the taxiways won’t all be blocked for arrival aircraft and so I don’t have to worry about aircraft holding short going through each other, cutting in, and it prevents the tower controller from being spammed. So many people got ghosted because they were impatient and didn’t just sit there without requesting the same thing over and over again, that also didn’t help as it clogs up the logs and takes my focus from elsewhere. Honestly there were only a few pilots that I had no issues with that weren’t IFATC. I would say to request pushback once if you see there is a gate hold hold then wait, I tried to give people who were waiting longest their pushback first but the logs were clearing so I couldn’t tell who was first sadly. Any more questions feel free to ask :)

3 Likes

I was inbound and had a very smooth approach with no delays including transition to tower and taxi to parking. I was impressed with the crew!

2 Likes

LHR will add new runway in 2020 I heard

2 Likes

If it’s open by 2030 I’ll be surprised. We have years and years of legal battles, planning inquiries and financial issues to resolve before they can even begin digging the first hole, plus a major motorway and a large energy-from-waste facility to deal with.

Anyway, back on topic. I was able to get an immediate pushback approval once my flight plan was set, which demonstrated to me how well @Chatta290 was watching the field - there was nothing else moving near me and I had a clear run out to 09R. Still, I cannot believe how much traffic there was - it truly was Expertly handled. Bravo.

3 Likes

I was inbound holding over gartwick FOR LIKE 10 MINUTES and then was brought into 9R. Amazing ATC. I didn’t mind the holding. Good to practice …

2 Likes

I like holdings as well!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.