Heavies Galore @KORD

Welcome back to yet another spotting topic! This will be pretty much exclusively heavies, so sit back, relax, grab some popcorn, and enjoy!

First up is a Cargolux 747-8f inbound from Anchorage. The only reason I was able to spot this plane on that day was because it had gone around while I was literally a minute away

Next up, also from the same day, is Etihad’s choosing China livery. I love the Etihad ADNOC liveries!

Next up is a United 787-9, landing in golden hour, and touching down very late on 28C

Next, another cargo plane. This one is one of China Airlines’ 747-400f’s

On that day, the reason I was spotting is this KLM Cargo 747. At least I still get to see a 747 in KLM colors (kinda)

Next up is a basic Emirates 777-300ER from Dubai

Anyone fancy a Lufthansa A350 pic?

@Ryan_Gibb will like this one. It’s an Aer Lingus A330-300 in the old colors

After 192 days, the first time ever I spotted this plane, I have caught it again. I think it goes to show very much how far I’ve come since I first started (picture from August 23rd, 2020 will be the first comment)

The real reason I went spotting today is because ANA’s BB-8 was here today, and I have been trying to get a decent shot of it, and I think I finally have!

Thank you for checking out my spotting topic. I hope you have enjoyed

‘Till next time,
Marcel

74 Likes

4 Likes

AMAZING shots!

2 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

Very nice I enjoy seeing all the heavies!

1 Like

Imagine being able to call a 777 basic… Chicago privileges. #Jealous
Outstanding shots, and incredible improvement, Marcel! I really enjoy your spotting topics.

3 Likes

I called it basic considering the amount of special liveries in this topic. Thank you!

1 Like

Absolutely stunning photos! O’hare honestly might be the best airport for spotting

2 Likes

Great photos m8! Love seeing these big birds at ohare more often

1 Like

Doesn’t disappoint, that’s for sure!

Thank you!

2 Likes

This spot is probably one of the top 10 in the country especially nearing sunset with west flow.

4 Likes

Fabulous pictures! I love the Aer Lingus one the most the pics looks really amazing love that 😍

1 Like

Simple, modern and stylish. My favorite livery of all the pictures

1 Like

Cries in 4am arrival times. Alas I think I may have a solution. Probably not, but maybe. I think you already know which one was my favourite so I’m not gonna tell you. Second fav wud be da bloo one

1 Like

Great shots. This one is my favourite!

1 Like

ORD really did become a cargo center in the US, during the pandemic, didn’t it?

1 Like

It did! Delta started cargo operations here, but they’ve recently died down a little. Other than that, a lot of cargo movement was always occurring, but now there’s even more!

😍 Beautiful! The Dreamliners look great in the old livery!

1 Like

I live near o’hare and plane spot there often were do you spot. Do you have a youtube?

I do not have a YouTube. I just use a DLSR. I spot at multiple spots around south cargo and the south-east side of the airport