Here is another fast jet which would look great within Infinite Flight. If this aircraft were added to Infinite Flight, it would be the first jet powered warbird available in the game. The Hawker Hunter is a British design which first flew in 1951 and saw service across the world for many years. Remarkably, the Hunter remained in military service until 2014, when it was finally retired from active service with the Lebanese Air Force. Even today, there are many Hunters still being flown in private hands, including the strikingly painted Mk.58 Hunter nicknamed “Miss Demeanour”. Some Hunters still see military service, being flown by a variety of private defence contractors as aggressor aircraft to provide relatively low cost military training in both the USA and UK. The variety of operators which have used this aircraft both in the past, and the present day, means there is no shortage of striking liveries which could be applied to this aircraft.
Hunter T.7 trainer in RAF colours. Photo taken by Tim Felce. Link.
The performance of the Hunter also allows it to fill the gap in the Infinite Flight aircraft fleet which exists between airliners/GA aircraft and fast jets. It has less power and friendlier handling than the fast jets currently available, making it more suitable for less experienced pilots.
Statistics (Hawker Hunter F.6)
- Crew: One
- Length: 45 ft 11 in (14.00 m)
- Wingspan: 33 ft 8 in (10.26 m)
- Height: 13 ft 2 in (4.01 m)
- Wing area: 349 ft² (32.42 m²)
- Empty weight: 14,122 lb (6,405 kg)
- Loaded weight: 17,750 lb (8,050 kg)
- Max. takeoff weight: 24,600 lb (11,158 kg)
- Powerplant: 1 × Rolls-Royce Avon 207 turbojet, 10,145 lbf (45.13 kN)
- Maximum speed: Mach 0.94, 620 kn (715 mph, 1,150 km/h) at sea level
- Combat range: 385 nmi (445 mi, 715 km)
- Ferry range: 1,650 nmi (1,900 mi, 3,060 km) with external fuel
- Service ceiling: 50,000 ft (15,240 m)
- Rate of climb: 17,200 ft/min (87.4 m/s)
- Wing loading: 51.6 lb/ft² (251.9 kg/m²)
- Thrust/weight: 0.56
Guns: 4× 30 mm (1.18 in) ADEN revolver cannon in a removable gun pack with 150 rpg.
Hardpoints: 4 underwing (7 hardpoints on Singaporean FGA/FR.74S, essentially refurbished FGA.9 derived from F.6) with a capacity of 7,400 lb (3,400 kg) and provisions to carry combinations of:
4× Matra rocket pods (each with 18 × SNEB 68 mm (2.68 in) rockets) or
32× Hispano SURA R80 80 mm (3.15 in) rockets.
4× AIM-9 Sidewinder Air-to-air missiles, mounted on Singaporean FGA/FR.74S (two on Swiss Mk.58, Dutch F6’s and Swedish Mk.50)
4× AGM-65 Maverick Air-to-surface missiles, mounted on Singaporean FGA/FR.74S (two on Swiss Mk.58).
Bombs : A variety of unguided iron bombs.
Other : 2× 230 US gallons (870 l; 190 imp gal) drop tanks for extended range/loitering time
- Ekco ARI 5820 ranging radar
If you like this feature request, and would like to see this aircraft added, please show your support by voting or giving a like.