Hawaiian Airlines Retires Last Boeing 767

Hawaiian Airlines Retires Last Boeing 767

Hawaiian Airlines has yesterday (January 9th, 2019) retired their last Boeing 767.

The Boeing 767 for Hawaiian Airlines was a senior member of the fleet for Hawaiian Airlines, operating for over 17 years.

The Boeing 767’s final flight was from Sacramento, California to Honolulu in Hawaii. The final flight was operated by 10 crew members and had 258 passengers on board.

The Boeing 767 was a key aircraft in the fleet for Hawaiian Airlines, as it helped the carrier grow and develop, especially in trans-pacific routes from Hawaii to U.S.A mainland.

They also operated the Boeing 767 on my flights from Hawaii to Asia and Australia.

Did you ever get the chance to fly on the Hawaiian 767?

21 Likes

That’s a pity. I really like the 767. It’s unfortunate to see it retire from one of its main users :(

4 Likes

Yeah I have to agree with you. I’ve never gotten the opportunity to fly on the 767 for any airline, but the history behind it, especially with Hawaiian is huge.

3 Likes

Sad to see this go. Such a wonderful plane has served the airline so well, and the 787 should be a worthy replacement.

1 Like

Very sad to see another aging plane retire. Being that the 767 is my most flown aircraft IRL, I find it very nice as a passenger. At least the 767 opened up new routes in Asia and expanded those in the US.

1 Like

It’s sad I just saw this aircraft four months ago in Portland, Los Angeles, Oakland, and San Diego. Would of loved to fly on one of these. It was a crucial aircraft in the Hawaiian fleet. Very unfortunate

2 Likes

Sad to see the 777’s big brother retire.

1 Like

It certainly should be. Couldn’t agree with you more.

2 Likes

Never flown the 767 as mentioned. But this aircraft opened up so many routes for Hawaiian and helped them expand.

2 Likes

In my opinion, it is one of the most crucial aircraft to get Hawaiian Airlines, to where they are today. Hopefully the Boeing 787 does just as well!

2 Likes

Been on the HAL 767 once and it wasn’t the greatest experience. I like the A330 way better and Hawaiian’s A321 is phenomenal. I have the pleasure of flying Delta’s 767 and those are always nice.

1 Like

Que Amazing Grace

RIP Hawaiian airlines 767s

3 Likes

Pretty awesome to fly on the 767. I’ve never flown on one, but I have a feeling that some of them might show their age.

A unique aircraft for sure though. What route did you fly them on?

😢 Sad to see this pretty bird go. Will miss for sure

1 Like

Definitely will be missed. I got the opportunity to fly the Qantas 767 about a year before the retirement. It was the most comfortable plane to fly on.

1 Like

Even though I live in Australia, I never got the opportunity to fly the 767. So far, I’ve heard so many good things about them and the comfort levels.

1 Like

They had the best layout. 2-3-2. You were only at times one seat away from the aisle, or on the aisle. They had a large cabin and to be honest with you, it didn’t feel old at all. Qantas did a great job of maintaining their 767’s. It is sad to see them being retired.

3 Likes

People call the 747 the queen of the skies, but IMO this was the ultimate queen of the sky. Nothing can replace these beauties. Sad to see them being phased out by the day.

3 Likes

Not even kidding, I was literally just thinking that. These are like the queen of the skies in my books and the 747 is the Princess of the skies.

1 Like

This quote just made my day 10 times better lol

I still have a few years left to get my hands on a WestJet one though 🤫

3 Likes