Hawaiian Airlines Announces Flights to Austin, Orlando, & Ontario!

Hawaiian Airlines has announced three new destinations

In a rather unexpected move, Hawaiian Airlines has announced new service to Austin, Orlando, and Ontario along with a new route to Long Beach.

Despite low travel demand, Hawaii remains a strong domestic destination for U.S. citizens, and this is thanks to pre-travel COVID-19 testing services that can exempt passengers from quarantine.

Hawaiian Airlines CEO Peter Ingram:

“We are delighted to bring our superior value proposition to travelers visiting Hawai‘i from Austin, Ontario and Orlando, while adding service to Maui from Long Beach. 2021 is going to be a special time to experience Hawai‘i, and we can’t wait to welcome onboard guests from our newest cities.”

The Four New Routes:

Honolulu (HNL) to Austin (AUS):

• Starting April 21, Hawaiian Airlines will connect Texas’ capital with Hawaii.
  • Flights will operate twice a week on the Airbus A330-200.

Honolulu to Orlando (MCO):

• Starting March 11, Hawaiian Airlines will connect Florida and Hawaii a nonstop flight between Honolulu and Orlando.
  • Flights will also operate twice a week on the A330-200.

Honolulu to Ontario (ONT):

• From March 16, Hawaiian Airlines will enter another Southern California city, this time being Ontario, which will complement existing service from HNL to Long Beach and Los Angeles.
  • Flights will operate five times a week on the Airbus A321neo.

Kahului, Maui (OGG) to Long Beach (LGB):

• From March 9, Hawaiian will introduce a second route to Long Beach following Honolulu.
  • Flights will operate daily on the A321neo.

Image Credits/Press Release

Image: Airbus A330-243 - Hawaiian Air | Aviation Photo #5935011 | Airliners.net

Press Release: https://newsroom.hawaiianairlines.com/releases/hawaiian-airlines-begins-ticket-sales-for-nonstop-service-between-honolulu-and-austin-ontario-and-orlando?cid=sf240852678

Honestly, it’s surprising to see Hawaiian Airlines expand into more U.S. markets during these times, but with COVID testing, demand seems to be strong.

What do you guys think of Hawaiian’s new routes?

19 Likes

@Suhas

just remembered something | Fandom

3 Likes

EidkiejckejckejdjjcjejcencjehcuheychecHcechrhfhdjchjrvjrjvjrhvrjbvhrbhvrhjvrjvhurv

ORLANDO. HOLY

Can’t wait to see them when I go to Orlando

2 Likes

This is an interesting move! Good to see some airlines expanding and thriving during these times

1 Like

What the literal what?

Austin?

1 Like

I’m happy to see that Hawaiian is expanding to more destinations!

2 Likes

This is really cool and a bit of a shock to me!! Im surprised Hawaiian will connect Orlando which is a heavy tourism market. Now I can drive 2.5 hours for a nonstop flight to paradise!!

2 Likes

I’m just waiting for @Suhas’s and @snoman’s reaction

2 Likes

Holy moly!!! Now I’m actually sad that the A332 won’t be added to IF, but this is AWESOME! Had to check it wasn’t April 1st lol

2 Likes

Paradise you will be getting a visit from me and @Suhas very very soon.
Glad to see that Hawaiian is expanding. Can’t wait to fly AUS-HNL.

2 Likes

These a awesome new destinations besides Austin!

thy shall summon @Suhas

2 Likes

I think this is also a smart move, I expect there will be a lot more people traveling come the spring and summer, but international entry might be limited

1 Like

Heavenly. I’m in love.

1 Like

I agree austin kinda seems like an odd choice

1 Like

Oh my god
oh my god
oh my god

Finally! They ended service to ONT years ago (decades now…) and it’s awesome to see it coming back! Hopefully SWA will join in since ONT is one of their hubs

1 Like

I’m waiting for them to come to Denver 😞

Same here, it’s just sad to see United having a monopoly on the Denver to Hawaii routes, which doesn’t really add variety to the route :(

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.