Hawaiian Air DC-10

Hawaiian Air DC-10 Feature Request
Pilot_Felix

Greetings IFC! I present you with another feature request! This time, for a beautiful aircraft and a beautiful livery! This being the Hawaiian Airlines McDonnell Douglas DC-10-10.

Source

About Hawaiian Air:

About the DC-10:

Reasons Why This Livery Would Benefit the Simulator:
  1. The chrome is amazing!
  2. Would add diversity to an underrepresented fleet.
  3. Aircraft Is Lacking Some Important Liveries.
  4. Who wouldn’t want a new livery to fly with!

Thank you for reading this features topic! I hope you consider voting as this would be a beautiful livery for the simulator! Support is also welcomed!

this isn’t a duplicate

I would vote, but I’m out of votes… Still hope they make this livery!

1 Like

It is indeed a beautiful livery! Thanks for your support!

I love the Picture by the way!

1 Like

😐

1 Like

Old looks good on old aircraft!

3 Likes

Voted for those already… Old planes should be in the simulator too…

“Oldie but a Goldie”

Have you heard of that before?

1 Like

That saying is right! I love old planes!

2 Likes

God… imagine a simulator with only modern planes. We need some variety and have older planes as well.

4 Likes

Like the 727!

Old aircraft are great, but let’s get back on topic! 😉

3 Likes

We wouldn’t have your precious A320neo or 737 MAX without planes like the DC-10 or 707. Think about it, technology advances with time. In the 70’s and 80’s the DC-10 was the newest and most modern plane in the skies, and made so many advancements that we take for granted on aircraft these days.

Just because it’s oh so unrealistic to have a plane that’s not from this decade (the DC-10 still flies by the way), doesn’t mean a plane or livery shouldn’t be added to IF. Heck, even though Hawaiian retired it’s DC-10’s, it would be more realistic to have that than to have a livery that belongs to an aircraft or airline that’s never flown (I can name several cases of this). So if you wanna lecture me about how new planes are good and old planes should be forgotten and thrown in a scrap pile, be my guest. Just keep your hate off this thread and put it somewhere else, because some of us actually like classic aircraft.

@Rolls said it well. A flight sim with only new aircraft is no fun. We need some variety when it comes to aircraft, and I don’t care how “unrealistic” it is.

4 Likes

Feel free to go vote for them, but if you don’t like this move on

1 Like

cough cough @ClassicAirlinerLover

2 Likes

Here it is resting in Honolulu. Nothing beats a beautiful Chrome trijet!

1 Like

Nothing ever beats a chrome plane thats for sure! ;)

Hawaiian Airlines DC-10s at Glasgow Prestwick Airport, Scotland, United Kingdom. January 2004. Posted on Twitter.

Sources

Hawaiian Airlines DC-10-10 at Mojave Airport, California. October 2005. Posted on Twitter.

Sources

I honestly really like the livery!! I don’t have any votes but you have my support!