Hawaii Wildfires Tribute

Wildfires on Hawaii’s Maui island and Big Island have killed at least 106 people, forced thousands of residents and tourists to evacuate, and devastated the historic resort city of Lahaina.

The blaze which devastated the town of Lahaina is one of the deadliest US in over 100 years, according to research from the National Fire Protection Association.

Picture from the beach while fire is raging flames

Authorities have warned that the effort to search for and identify victims is still in its early stages. Dogs trained to detect human remains, called cadaver dogs, have been called in to help identify victims in the wreckage of buildings.

I cannot change the world and make everything disappear, however i can show support. So in my own time with a few other community members, We decided to fly around Hawaii and make a heart.

I’d like to thank @Harold_Lantos for setting up this event plus other members that joined us for our tribute for those who lost their lives during these terrible times. If it is in your heart, please pray for all those who are suffering and cannot leave Hawaii during these crazy times.

Another Member contributing and there route.

If you’re interested in making your own heart of Hawaii. Please message me for more information

21 Likes

Beautiful tribute. I hope this search sees more light, and I wish it and everyone involved good luck.
Side note: I was flying into Honolulu the other day and I saw a bunch of c130s circling the island, that explains it lol

3 Likes

4 Likes

Thanks for contributing last night :) and hosting

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing this event with the community it was a nice flight had three other members

1 Like

No Problem!! Thanks for hosting it.

Was nice to take some time with you to think about all of those who’s there in the pain…

2 Likes

Did it twice already

3 Likes

It would be great if we could make this an official community event

2 Likes

What an amazing tribute for a horrifying situation.

2 Likes

Saw a timeline video on how it happened, hope all IFC members who live at Hawaii is okay, especially @Flyin.Hawaiian , who lives on the island

4 Likes

I saw someone making the heart pattern around Maui when I was flying into OGG from SFO a couple days ago. It was a really nice tribute to see live.

3 Likes

Hi @Captain-787 It was me. I live in Montreal Canada, been to Hawaii 5 times but haven’t been to Maui yet I felt so bad when I saw the news and thought up the idea on my Discord account and Zachyye joined me and later made this post

2 Likes

@Harold_Lantos did you use SimBrief to do your heart flight plan ?

1 Like

No went right into IF and picked the waypoints and was able to create a Heart

2 Likes

Oh ok nice !

1 Like

Good idea! Also shoutout southwest for their evacuation efforts!!

1 Like

sadly cant join, as i’ll be putting out the fires IRL.

8 Likes

I wish, It’s hard as the best topics are the selected ones. I would however it’s a lot of work.

3 Likes

Stay safe out there.

5 Likes