Have you tried IF in an airplane?

This is a bit strange ( it is ) but did anyone try Infinite Flight in a real airplane , above in the beautiful skies? Some Airlines have free Wi-Fi so it is actually possible to play IF in air but how glitchy can it be? Me personally though, have never tried IF 30,000 feet above ground. But I have played X plane mobile in a plane cause it doesn’t need a network connection to play.

Have you ever tried it? Let me know down there!

5 Likes

Never tried it, but certainly wouldn’t recommend it - Airplane WiFi is typically very slow and laggy - and by streaming live scenery you’re bound to reach the WiFi limit very quickly.

Definitely don’t risk an expert server session…

5 Likes

I once did fell asleep only to realise i overshot my destination and ended in NYC

2 Likes

A while ago, we were allowed to play IF on solo without wifi or cellular data. So I’ve seen people play IF on planes (through pics that they’ve posted before)

1 Like

I tried it flying from Atlanta Georgia to Seattle Washington and it was ok. I was more focus on looking out the window though lol

7 Likes

actually did it for the meme. While flying on EasyJet to London (in real life) I flew the same route in IF. No idea why, but I just had to do that one time😂

2 Likes

Yes, flying Norwegian on board Norwegian

38 Likes

Ya I tried, and it wouldn’t load obviously since I wasn’t paying 8 bucks for WiFi on an hour and 45 min flight, so I played Aerofly or XPlane or something, and they worked fine, I really wish they would add offline mode…

2 Likes

Did it take the same time in IF? Did you touchdown simultaneously lol?

1 Like

Uh, you shouldn’t be using data… 🤔

1 Like

i flew a little bit faster in Infinite Flight and landed while descending in real life, but Im sure I couldve landed at the same time if I tried

1 Like

Norweigan is an excellent choice 👍

4 Likes

Misses, immediately purchases ticket for return trip, Flight attendants: why are you back? You: well I got to do this thing, I never wanted to go to this city anyways…

1 Like

Well…I meant the WiFi limit, though that was confusing haha…

Actually some airlines provide data roaming as well, and by some I mean cathay did on my recent flight to Hong Kong.

3 Likes

I did it once on Solo right after I got IF.

I have indeed flown BOS-PBI-BOS on the jetBlue Flyfi. Had a few disconnections-on the way down I landed 30 seconds behind my plane. On the way, back I couldn’t land cause the scenery hadn’t loaded in lol-the instruments and map showed me on final but I couldn’t see the runway-the whole “world” was black past JFK.

When it’s working WiFi it’s awesome! I even listened to as much LiveATC as I could to take a couple of Direct to waypoints etc.

3 Likes

yes it doesnt work for me

1 Like

I flew a flight with the civil air patrol aircraft I was in on infinite flight. It was an experience.

2 Likes

I do it all the time when I can when I fly. I like taking a pic of where I’m Sitting on the plane and then take a pic in IF In the same plane and compare pics and place. Pretty cool. It’s hard to get a stable connection on a plane in the US I feel like 😂
If I have the chance to do it I will fly but I look to do it every flight but connection gets in the way sometimes.

1 Like

I have! It’s so wierd 🤣🤣

1 Like