Have you guys flown on the A340?

This was in 2009 lol, all the movies started at a certain time, If you wanted to watch a show OOPS you’re 30 min late into the showing and have no idea what’s happening.

1 Like

Oh lol my bad :)

2 Likes

Yes indeed I have! I went on a China Airlines a340 when I was young, back when the airline “really sucks.” The flight was really bumpy and the seats were really uncomfortable. And when the plane was descending, everyone was acting weird. Some threw up, some got dizzy, some passed out, oh the horrors. I got really dizzy and felt unconcious during descend. After the plane landed, some people including me gained concious again. This was a flight from Taipei to Ho Chi Minh in Vietnam. After we disembark, all of my people went straight into the bathroom and threw up because of the flight and it was extremely hot in Vietnam at the time. I’m glad China Airlines is replacing the a340 with the a350. My family will never fly with China Airlines ever again. We decided to fly EVA Air instead, which is safer. To conclude, I did go on a China Airlines a340 from Taipei to Saigon/Ho Chi Minh. It felt like a “flight from hell.”

1 Like

21/12/14 Iberia IB/IBE 6830 Airbus A340-642 EC-LEV SCL-MAD Seat 49A

6 Likes

I unfortunately had the opportunity to fly on the A340-600 with Cathay Pacific from VHHH to CYVR. That was the single worst flight of my life. 2/10. Wouldn’t fly again.

2 Likes

12/01/15 LAN Airlines LA/LAN 800 Airbus A340-313 CC-CQC AKL-SCL Seat 23D. I got a Friendly couple to Film the Departure!

1 Like

Yeah I don’t like flying on an a340. An a330 would be ok for me.

1 Like

I flew on Iberia’s A340-600 from Buenos Aires to Madrid.

2 Likes

SWISS A340-300 yes :)

3 Likes

The A340 is quite loud

1 Like

I understand that, but a title can’t have a spelling error.

Yes, virgin Atlantic A340

Is it me or are A340’s just plain horrible. I personally don’t like long aircraft like itself. It’s also not pleasant to fly in IF either.

1 Like

Its an old model, hopefully it’ll be reworked (but not as the 787, I think it controls horribly).

I actually love the A340 and my pilot friends like it too.

1 Like

I flew on a CX A346 on that route as well. It felt so narrow inside. The landing was really bouncy as well. That’s why I was so excited when we got a daytime flight on the 747 once.

I’m gonna fly the SWISS A340-300E to Antalya this October. Such a short route because the airplane is transferred to Edelweiss and they need short practice flights. Luckily the plane will fly in old SWISS layout (config is in november and they will out Business in middle imageAweful isn’t it?

Luckily I’ll fly on this :D

1 Like

Sure they are.

Swiss A340-300.

It’s not that bad. Take a trip on a VS789 and I’m sure your outlook on the airline will change.

1 Like