Have you guys been on the MD-80 ?

• Yes I have
  • No I haven’t

0 voters

1 Like

Back in 2008, I flew a DL MD88 from ATL to BOS. This was a red-eye’d flight. landed around 11:30pm

1 Like

The closest thing that I’ve been on to a md-80 is a B717 on Airtran.

1 Like

Yep been on the American airline md80
My friend captains one out of DFW

2 Likes

Heck yeah! The MD-80 is my favorite plane! :)

1 Like

Been on one. Pretty awful plane IMO.

3 Likes

Might I ask why? Not judging, or anything. Just curious as to why.

Smelly, loud, cramped, terrible air quality, usually dirty because they are old. Just my opinion.

2 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

Yeah. I like the loud portion, haha.

I flew in an AA MD-83 from MIA to STL.

1 Like

Ugh if you fly on one do not get a seat in the back.

4 Likes

Would love to fly on one though but I doubt it will happen since most of them are operated out of Dallas for American airlines and will be reitired sometime next year. I mostly fly American and sometimes United.

I went on a SAS MD-82 to CPH in 2008

1 Like

There is a pretty cool video at PC Aviator Australia with an incredible cockpit view in an MD-80 (take off and landing) 4 HD cams used to capture flap settings, arming spoilers etc.

http://www.pcaviator.com.au/store/product.php?productid=300020

1 Like

I got one of those once worst seat ever

Been on about 30 of em both American and delta… would not recommend even the first class seating is no where near modern planes, American chose right to phase them out… delta IDEK

The first class on the MD-80s is the same as the domestic configured AA/US 757s and used to be the same as the 738s.

1 Like

Absolutely can’t stand that aircraft. I always get the Engine seat in the back. VERY LOUD!!!, very uncomfortable, hate it in every way possible.

2 Likes

Lmao same. I hate it so much

1 Like