Have you ever been sick while flying?

Every single time I’ve flown long haul, I’ve gotten extremely sick. When I was 3 or 4 years old, I was flying to Turkey with my family on a Malaysian Airlines 747. Apparently I got extremely sick (I’m talking bad fever, headache and I think I vomited) 4 years ago we were flying back home and I started feeling sick. I had the runs, really bad gas and almost vomited. February of 2016 we were flying back home. This was one of the worst sicknesses I’ve had. I had to go to the lavatory multiple times. It was embarrassing. As soon as we left the plane I ran to the toilets, sat their for 10 minutes. 20 minutes later I vomited. I did have Popeyes at Istanbul international and the chicken was undercooked, could have been food poisoning. Shout out to Dubai international. Their medical team assisted me and helped me out a lot. Their toilets also have taps so you can wash your rear end! We stayed at the Emirates hotel that night. Day after, I was feeling so much better. While we were walking to the gate we ran into the old lady from Ultimate Airport Dubai! Pretty cool I suppose.

Feel free to share your stories of travel sickness

13 Likes

You meant Mel Sabharwal? Awesome! 😊

13 Likes

Not that one. The short one with glasses 😂😂😂

7 Likes

Mate same I got sick every long haul or night flight in went on so now I taken motion sickness pills. On the way home from Bali on 767-300 night flight I woke up and felt horrible for hours then when the plane stopped at gate I vomited. Same happen when I was little kid when plane stopped at gate I vomited.

1 Like

You meet my idol…

1 Like

Yes, I was flying from Bangkok to Heathrow and I had food poisoning and yeah… You know what😂😂😂

1 Like

I’ve never been close to being sick. But ive flown a few people that have been sick on my plane. I let the affected passenger fly the plane as it helps reduce the nausea effect. And I only let them fly at times of low workload ofcourse

3 Likes

Last year to London ( LHR ) from Cape Town (CPT) via Dubai (DXB) , I had been feeling a bit unwell before i boarded the flight from Cape Town and when i landed i had a 10hr layover in Dubai and slowly overtime my left ear hearing went and couldn’t not hear anything , it was actually quite worrying. I pushed through the pain and slept the whole way from DXB-LHR and during descent i had terrible ear ache and i mean it was absolutely horrendous. Thinking back i must of had flu and then to combine that with altitude and fatigue it made for one hell of a combo.

2 Likes

Interesting approach , I’m guessing that would only work for GA.

Not sick like vomit, but my Number Two was weird as it had blood along with it. Also, I had to go to the lavatory 2-3 times even though there was turbulence, and this was in a Jet Airways Boeing B737-800/900. I’m not sure what model the plane was. I guess it was because I wasn’t used to having chicken once in one or two days.

I usually have chicken once in every 4-6 months. :-P

Lol of course. Wouldn’t allow you to have control though. Can never trust you lol😛

1 Like

As far as I can recall, nothing bad ever happened to me on airplane…
I’m so lucky 😂
All of these topics of delays, cancelling flights and sickness, I’ve never gotten any 😂

3 Likes

Same, me too besides delays. We are the only two people in this topic for right now.

Nope, never been sick on a plane (to date)

Yes! November 2015 on my first and only 787 flight GRU-IAH. This is a 9-10 hour flight. It was delayed by about 2 hours due to maintenance issues. About 1 hour after the dinner service I started to feel sick of my stomach. Spent the rest of the flight going to the restroom throwing up and with diarrhea… it was the worst flight of my life. On the good side, I was flying business class and it was about 50% full - so anytime I had to run to the restroom it was available.

Due to the delay I lost my connection in Houston and had to wait there for 3h for the next flight, while feeling sick like a dog. Not fun!

1 Like

You meant Jo Di Biasi? You are lucky still 😊

1 Like

I haven’t had travelsickness in the sense of actually being sick, but I do sometimes feel sick in my stomach. It’s proabaly fear of flights. (I know. I am playing a flight sim when I am scared of heights and flights) Especially when the plane turns. If I look out the window, it looks like we are going to plummet down. But yea, I don’t ever get any motion sickness kind of things.

1 Like

First flight, LGA - MIA, I was 2 years old. I puked on my mom during takeoff

2 Likes

Can’t blame you … ;)

1 Like

When there’s an infected passenger on the plane, chances of other passengers getting infected by that passenger is HIGH, especially on longer flights with meal. When you’re talking about nausea, that’s most likely the stomach flu (or Norovirus), which is contagious. The most basic way to get infected is, touching your mouth, ways the virus can get on your mouth can be; getting the stool or solid waste of others on to your hands (lavatories, not that hard), this can happen if you shake someone else’s hand or touch contaminated surfaces; or if you eat contaminated food or water, (there’s a lot of food and liquids on that plane); and the last one, the virus is *airbourne. So not such a great idea to let that passenger on.

No, I don’t recall every getting sick on a plane.

1 Like