Have you ever been in a flight which had an emergency?

Have you ever been in a flight that had to make an emergency landing? If so, from where to where and where did the plane make the emergency landing. What was the reason for the emergency landing?

I’ve been in over 50 flights and never experienced an emergency landing. I’m not saying I want to, but it would be interesting.

15 Likes

Really interesting topic! There’s bound to be someone on the community who has been on a flight with a general emergency…

4 Likes

No ,Never in a flight which had an emergency with over 11 years of flying

7 Likes

Been on 2. Medical emergency over Hawaii and than electrical emergency in a small aircraft at night

11 Likes

I’ve been on a flight where a go around was preformed, which is pretty cool, especially when you’re an avgeek :).

13 Likes

I’ve been on 2 separate flights where we had a medical emergency. Both flight occurred on a route from KDFW to PHNL, and both were over the Pacific. Flight attendants came over the intercom looking for medical personnel. I happened to be traveling with my parents who are both medical professionals and were able to assist for the remainder of the flight. Can’t say I’ve been on a flight where there was a mechanical emergency or something else. Great topic!

10 Likes

Lol. Read my reply. Something about Hawaii causes problems. 😂

3 Likes

Mine don’t really count, but aborted takeoff at FRA and divert due to weather, but no real emergencies.

3 Likes

Haha wow. Something always happens. But luckily my last flight to Hawaii was smooth

2 Likes

Come to think of it, they asked for a doctor on my last flight to Hawaii too!

3 Likes

Never had any emergencies. Lucky me ;)

3 Likes

Something always happens on Hawaii trips for some odd reason

4 Likes

I have never been diverted or had an emergency before. Although I wonder what it feels like to get diverted =P

5 Likes

Nope!
I hope it’ll never happen hahahaha :)

1 Like

Hahaha same! Long live EVA!

1 Like

I have never been on a flight with an emergency, but there was once where I thought we were going around or making a missed approach because the plane kept making steep turns when we were on final.

2 Likes

There’s gotta be someone that’s been in a serious mechanical emergency. And if there’s not, that just proves how safe flying is. 😄

Ask 1,000 active drivers if they’ve had an accident, and there will be one within the first 10.people.

6 Likes

Engines shut down. Thank god we were already at the gate.

28 Likes

Damn! That really must have been scary… 🤣

11 Likes

Woah! That must’ve been frightening.

7 Likes