Have there been any times you’ve diverted in IF?

Hello IFC,
Have you ever diverted in IF? I have, once. Here’s the story: I was departing KJFK for KDCA in an A321. Everything went well. About 10 minutes into the flight, turbulence was increasing. Then, a few minutes later, at 20,000 feet, the turbulence was about twice as shaky as a normal jet stream. I didn’t trust the autopilot to handle the turbulence, nor would it be comfortable for my passengers, so I diverted to KPHL. I didn’t land overweight because I didn’t need much fuel for the original flight. Thankfully, I got down safely and passengers hopefully took another flight to KDCA.

5 Likes

Yes several times - Recently flying the 321 into ANC, this time of year ANC gets fogged in for days. So I used the auto pilot to land and at about 100ft I still didn’t see lights or the runway so I went miss and held, for about an hour finally I hit my critical fuel point and went north to Fairbanks, Ak where I refueled and waited for about an hour.

7 Likes

Could have just tried a different altitude but that works too lol.

1 Like

You made it to Fairbanks with 30 mins fuel? wow.

2 Likes

I have never diverted, I just land and if I crash I crash (on solo)

5 Likes

It’s not a far flight only lasted 20 minutes.

2 Likes

OK. I looked on skyvector and put in a 400 tas in and the ETE was 42 mins covering 225 nm from PANC.

1 Like

Okay cool…

2 Likes

I understand. There may have been a massive tailwind, or skyvector messed up the calculations.
Back on topic now please

1 Like

When I first started to play Infinite Flight, I didn’t know there’s such things like Simbrief, fuel calculator etc. to dispatch and calculate the fuel need. So for long haul flight, I often end up to diverted to other airport due to not enough fuel! >_^

2 Likes

Well I’ve tried to divert, after I ran out of fuel, I always run out of fuel at the Worst Possible Places and can’t make to to an airport. So I have to ditch or land in the desert 😢

2 Likes

Once in TS1 (pre-global) I was doing a routine flight between KLAX and KSAN. ATC vectored me to the runway, but I was a bit too high and too fast, so I performed my first go around. ATC re-vectored me and by the time I was landing (even with tower saying to the aircraft hold short) some aircraft entered the runway, so I went around, again. ATC re-vectored me again and guess what? The same thing happened, someone blocked the runway and I had to perform my 3rd go around.
At this point I decided to divert to MMTJ.

The other time was when I forgot to put Nav on a long haul flight from Houston to Haneda (when I woke up I was Somewhere over the North Pole), ended up going to Vladivostok as soon as I realized I hadn’t fuel to continue to my destination

3 Likes

Have Indeed Diverted. Once doing a Flight from LPPT to LPMA (Madeira). Winds were horrible, I tried to land three times and failed them all, so I diverted to the nearby island of Porto Santo and Landed at LPPS

3 Likes

Does youre tail also go sidways when landing and experiencing turbulence

Yes I went from Frankfurt to Chicago o hare Lost 15 minutes of fuel had to land in Grand Rapids after flying for 8 hrs

1 Like

2 times!

1. One of the first flights with global, a long hual, and my throttles were going 100%. ATL-ICN turned into ATL-small airport in very northern russia-ICN

2. FRA-SEA. SEA saw 1/4 nm visibiltiy and I was flying the A330, which doesn’t have APPR. So there was not way to land. I diverted to YVR, then I went for lunch with my family, then flew to SEA.

2 Likes

I remember I was on a flight from London to Dubai with Emirates 777-300 so seeing that I never checked my fuel load before flight I ended up losing fuel about 20 mins from dubai ending up in a duel Engine failure ended up diverting to an airport right below me crash landed on the endge of the runway was.

Did anyone feel paniced asoon as they have a duel Engine loss scary stuff😁

1 Like

Yes actually! I was on an A330 from Toronto to Puerto Plata, Dominican Rep, in the Air Canada Livery at FL360, when suddenly while flying over JFK, the plane goes into a steep dive to the point i had to level at 5000 and reclimb. I reclimbed successfully, but when flying over Providenciales, TCI, the plane dived again, but lower, to 4000! So i disabled A/P, and landed in TCI.

Another time, i took the same A330 Air Canada, Vancouver to Los Angeles, 50 NM from SFO, the plane took an extreme climb from FL350 to FL400, but failed halfway, and stalled out. I was able to recover, and land at SFO asap.

1 Like

I I remember when I first fly from Singapore to San Francisco, I run out of fuel while Im on the PACIFIC OCEAN, and yeah…

1 Like

Yes! I was flying into Washington a while a go for Friday Night Flight from EGLL! I packed reserve fuel as I was expecting it to be busy.

I was sent on delay vectors by approach and another aircraft cut me off as I was about to intercept the ILS so I then had to go around and it this point I had 5% of fuel left and the approach line was massive.

I declared my fuel emergency to ATC, but they said to ‘Expect Delays’ so I had to divert and finding a airport that I can reach and land a 787 on is difficult.

But all passengers survived and landed with 2 minutes of fuel remaining.

2 Likes