Have Any Of You Had A Emergency On Your Flight?

So has anyone been in a crash/emergency landing/rejected takeoff?
When I say crash I don’t mean the plane goes plummeting down to earth, I mean like a like a crash landing.
Emergency landing would be where there’s a problem with the plane so you have to land very soon. Example: nose gear won’t deploy when landing.
Rejected takeoff is basically where it is dangerous to takeoff (bad whether or malfunction for example) so the pilot aborts takeoff by slowing down/coming to a complete stop on the runway instead of rotating.

Have you been in any of theses situations?
If you have
A) what was it like
B) what were the details (plane/airline details, what was the situation. Eg emergency landing because gear won’t deploy) ect

Thanks guys😄

3 Likes

Been in an engine failure on takeoff, I believe a BA 777? Not sure of the reg no or the date it took place.

5 Likes

Ive been on a rejected takeoff before. We got on the runway, engines started and full power. then almost immediately the pilot cut the throttle and we stopped on the runway. We waited there for about 20 minutes. Then we start taxing back to stand. The pilot said he could smell burning in the cockpit. We ended being on stand for about 1 hour while engineers looked into it. it turned out to be a power station burning just outside the airport perimeter. Lucky it wasn’t big problem but i am happy they rejected takeoff as if it was a real problem it could have been bad. It was an easy jet A320 at Bodrum in turkey

8 Likes

I personally have never been in an emergency situation.

4 Likes

I have never been in a crash but I was flying MIA-DFW on a 757 and we were sitting on the plane for an hour and a half due to an air conditioning issue

2 Likes

The worst type of problem ;)

3 Likes

Lol! 😂 Never heard of an emergency like that!

1 Like

Just had a medical emergency … we had to turn around to the destination for that…

3 Likes

had a medical emergency as well. delta 757 to Hawaii

4 Likes

I’ve only had a punctured tyre, resulting in an hour delay.
Thank you Alitalia :P

3 Likes

I know some people who have been in an emergency landing with a KLM 747 to Denver…
(without gear)

2 Likes

When I was 6, I was flying Copenhagen - Aalborg an a Dash 8. When we were approaching Aalborg, the Right Main Gear wouldn’t lock, which caused the gear to collapse when landing…
I didn’t fly for 3 years after that.

8 Likes

Wait is that crash the SAS Q400 crash on YouTube Where the right landing gear collapsed?

1 Like

I have. The planes nose gear bay lost pressure or something like that. Fourtunenately, it was just the sensor that was broken. We got a water cannon salute by the fire trucks too.

3 Likes

Wow! You were in that? What was it like?

1 Like

So this isn’t the emergency that you’re thinking about, but it was an emergency nonetheless. My 16 month old son had an extremely full diaper on a 767. I took him back to the lav and couldn’t find a changing table, so I changed him standing up. Midway through he starts peeing all over the inside of the lav door. I’m trying to contain that and meanwhile he starts playing with the toilet. Cue the Benny Hill yackety sax music.

16 Likes

Never have had any sort of emergency. But I know our flight was delayed for about 40mins due to some mechanical problem and for some reason we cruised 27000ft until we exited Ohio then climbed to 33000ft. The pilot said were cruising FL270 due to weather but I think it was more of precautionary measure, just in case something fails.

I’ve never been in an emergency and I wish it stays like that.

1 Like

I forget the name of the plane but its almost like a Dash 8 but older. Flown by Continental(Now United) airlines. I was going from SDQ to SJU through the Mona Passage when the right engine shut down. We were flying for almost 40mins on 1 engine including to land.

1 Like

I was on my way to Denver from Atlanta, we took off from Atlanta in a 757 about 10 minutes after departure the captain told us that there was a medical emergency with the copilot and we had to turn back to Atlanta immediately. we landed just fine and come to find out the Copilot was having a stroke. Luckily we had an awesome captain and he brought home safely.

1 Like