Hats off to the controller at KSAN!

I was on a beautiful approach into San Diego just now. Started at LAX and went almost around the whole map, just because. The flight was pretty long, and I was ready to just land and park the plane. I made my cold call, saying I was inbound requesting runway 27 (only other option was 09 and that had a nasty tail wind). I zoomed in on KSAN, and there had to be AT LEAST 10-15 planes lined up to take off. Again, doesn’t help that there was only one usable runway. There were about 3-4 planes inbound for 27 when he made the call to not allow any incoming planes. Everyone inbound understood, and basically just re-entered the pattern, making extremely long downwinds. The controller then put everyone in order, and landed us all. Ive read around, and I guess it isn’t right to use names here, so I won’t. I just thought I’d share my experience with everyone!

4 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

No! Which is why I was thoroughly impressed.

1 Like

There’s usually always a rather long line at San Diego all the time

1 Like

Really? I’ve never seen that many people try and take off before on one runway. It was ridiculous.

1 Like

I was just there and there wasn’t 15 but there may have been around 7 or 8

1 Like

1 Like

Think about how you’d like to be treated. Nobody wants to blared out in front of hundreds of people for doing something wrong, but if you’re giving a complement it’s perfectly fine to use their name. This also helps the ATC recruitment team to find potential controllers.

1 Like

I didn’t take the time to count the little blue planes in line, it was an estimate.

I am not bashing this community at all. The few posts I’ve looked at have mentioned not to use names. I wasn’t sure if it was for specific reasons or not. I just checked to see if he was on so I could get his name but he wasn’t.

Sorry, I’m not saying you were being negative towards others or anything, just making the analogy :smile: . The reason for not using names is because nobody wants to be publicly scolded. But what’s wrong with calling people out for doing a great job ;)

1 Like

Okay sounds good.

I will. Where?

I can join in as well

Ok sounds good

I am West Jet 5578

Southwest 37 91