Has Boeing made another DC-10? [Discussion]

Well the Boeing 737MAX Series/Family hasn’t really had a best start in life since the LionAir crash from a deep nose dive that wasn’t covered in the manual on how to correct it so I was wondering if you think the 737MAX Family/Series is the next DC-10

Personally I think otherwise but what do you think comment below

Safe landings and Happy Christmas and a Happy New Year

5 Likes

Personally, I don’t think it will be the next DC-10, because Lion Air is one of the unsafest airlines in the world, so they probably did not train their pilots right.

Correct me if I’m wrong

4 Likes

The DC-10 incident was also related to maintenance issues.

1 Like

No you’re right. The procedure that could have prevented the crash, and was used by pilots on the same airplane the day before, is in the POH, but the crew on that flight weren’t aware of it. Clearly a training fault.

2 Likes

Honestly making a plane then not giving proper training on how to correct a crash is unlawful

1 Like

Improper training is not the fault of Boeing. To my knowledge it’s up to the airline to give the training.

1 Like

The crew of JT610 were not at fault for the accident nor was the airline. Boeing’s sensors on the B38M were to blame. The crew didn’t know how to combat it and they didn’t need to know that either, it wasn’t mandatory training (all pilots didn’t know, the pilots on the previous flight were successful). In comparison to the DC-10 noooo way. Not quite their yet, Boeing had been at fault for other aircraft accidents in the past such as the rudder 737 issue that crashed two planes and nearly three. Lauda flight 004 on the 767. Basically Boeing has screwed up other aircraft before and they aren’t as bad as the DC-10 which was originally McDonnell Douglas

4 Likes

Well yeah, but they had that issue on a previous flight of the same aircraft. Lionair did not do the responsible thing and ground that aircraft to perform maintenance to fix the sensor, so it’s all Lionair’s fault.

4 Likes

Not a debate about a specific crash. Move on please 😉

5 Likes

It’s not all Lionair’s fault but I have to agree with you. I’ll try to get back on topic now

personally i don’t think there will be near as many issues with the Max as the DC-10 had. And its way to early to tell

1 Like

I don’t think this is supppsed to be a dc-10, Boeing explicitly expressed the max is more a replacment for the 757

2 Likes

They need redo the 757 program

4 Likes

Yes, yes they do, revive the pencil jet, just with more fuel efficient engines.

1 Like

The dc-10 has its initial issues due to poor design choices. Don’t forget, once those issues were fixed, the Dc-10 was an incredibly safe aircraft. The 737 max, however, has had its issues because of airline abuse, and not design flaws.

1 Like

That was after the American Airlines incident and many others before that. The DC-10 was rushed into the aviation industry to try and beat other manufacturers. The B38M was rushed in trying to beat Airbus to create a more efficient aircraft. It’s too eerily similar.

5 Likes

I have to agree with you on this one.

Looks like a set of very similar events, from when the DC-10 was brought into operation.

1 Like

“just with more fuel efficient engines” cause that that’s like totally easy and simple to do 💁🏽‍♂️
Why would they need to if the 797 is already underway…
Being isn’t gonna revive the 757 just to satisfy our spotter dreams…
And as far as current 757 replacement goes… The A321NEO/LR is Killing the 737-9/10Max

Back on topic… Unless we have another crash like the LionAir crash (which I pray to God we don’t.) I wouldn’t consider calling it a DC-10 remake. (Also I really don’t think the crash is to blame on LionAir or the crew)

By calling it another DC-10 we means is the MAX another aircraft that like the DC-10 is to be plagued with lots of tragedies due to manufacture defects

1 Like

Because what do we know about the 797, not much.