Has anyone tried to fly infinite flight on pc?

I understand but the issues may not be bluestacks specific. My point is that it may or may not work.

2 Likes

I don’t suggest Phoenix OS, It is very very lag on my high performance computer
i7-8700
GTX1070
16GB RAM

1 Like

Mirror your android screen to a big screen is also not recommended as the resolution don’t become better after you mirror it to your bigger screen. The best way to play infinite flight on big screen is a emulator or just install Android OS into your computer, but unfortunately emulator can’t run the latest version of infinite flight, I haven’t try it on a Android OS installed on a computer with intel CPU.

1 Like

If you can get Android X86 to work the experience may not be optimized, and may not work well, but I’d imagine it will work. Phoenix OS (from my quick google search) seems like good old android just with a more desktop like interface, correct me if I’m wrong, and is also to my understanding not an emulator, so I would hazard to say it should be fine, but you are definitely in uncharted waters, and I’d be hesitant to give you any assurances.

I have heard about varying levels of optimization for x86 in android apps, and I really don’t know where IF falls on that, it’s been a while since a popular phone used x86 because ARM is really just becoming so good, even pushing into the laptop market now, but the sum what recent push of android apps onto chrome books has prompted a lot of backend stuff by google, and app developers to get apps working better on x86. I should also say that this is simply the issues at face value I see with running IF on android on your pc, there could be a whole host of other issues with Phoenix OS, but it seems worth a try as long as your expectations are in check…

1 Like

you can use liveflightconect on your pc to use a joystick and trottle and then mirror your phone to the tv screen mirroring service something like Apple TV.

1 Like

If your on samsung check if your phone has DeX and use it that way plug your accessories in and use it that way

1 Like

Please read the original post. The OP is not trying to cast to a larger screen.

2 Likes

Thank god you noticed that too, I thought I was the only one what with everyone recommending he cast…

3 Likes

Another little update: I tried to start remix OS, but it didn’t load - stuck at loading screen for 40-50 minutes then I just turned it off because it is too late and I need to sleep. Tomorrow I am going to try to fix this because I’ve seen solutions for this so that can probably work, but I am not sure.
Remix os is not updating. Why remix OS? Here are reasons:

1. Android x86 - not showing grub
  2. Phoenix OS - outdated and and lagging, not loading (stuck at Detecting Phoenix OS… Detected at /dev/sda3)
  3. Prime OS - didn’t try because infinite flight needs x64. It has x64, but my processor can’t run this type because x64 version of Prime OS needs SSE 4.2, which my processor doesn’t have (Intel 2 Quad)
  4. Bliss OS - doesn’t have x32
  5. OpenThos - didn’t try. But it is not really popular so it hasn’t much information, because it is quite new.
  6. Bluestacks - can’t start infinite flight
  7. NOX - sometimes start, sometimes no
  8. Andy - just NO. Some time ago they had miner built-in so don’t just install, it is bad.

Remix OS maybe is a good solution, as I heard it is fast so I am going to try this.

1 Like

To be honest buddy, I would have stopped at it not working on RemixOS and Phoenix OS.
You said yourself it’s a core 2 quad, I’m willing to promise you that it will have poor performance. My laptop (Razer Blade 15) has an i7 8750H and a GTX1070 graphics card, and even that struggled to run the simulator smoothly when emulated. My PC which is even more powerful also struggled. You’re using a PC with 2 physical cores, a very low L1 and L2 cache. Whilst it may be 64 bit, even most mobile processors in phones and tablets have 8 cores. Remix OS also doesn’t have the greatest support anymore as it’s been fully discontinued and hasn’t been updated for years. There is also the fact that Infinite Flight is built to work on mobile devices that it’s specifically designed and optimised to work with. Driver support will be limited and app compatibility will be hit and miss. I had remixOS running on my Pixel C with Nvidia Hardware and it was buggy and unstable. Many apps refused to start or operate correctly, so I got rid of it.
There is also no guarantee the app will continue to work. Emulator support is currently not available in the sim, and there is no guarantee it will be present again. Whilst you are installing the OS onto your PC, you are trying to use ARM software on x86 hardware, it’s not intended for that usage.

Honestly if your objective is to just hook up a joystick/ pedals and the like, look at LiveFlight Connect, which I linked on the 4th reply to this thread.

2 Likes

Although I haven’t tried an emulator or ever would want to, I think a laptop for emulating things is not the best idea. The processor isn’t the same as a regular processor, as it uses it’s power more on graphics than on actual processing power (in terms of H in intel processors). Then comes the graphics card, which if you were to compare it to reality, isn’t the same in terms of performance. Laptop GPU’s have a slower clock speed, texture rate, have a smaller amount of shader units, the list goes on. I have a GTX 1070 in a rig, and it would most likely differ vastly. In a PC/Tower, the components are free and have more space to cool and perform operations better. Just look at how chunky all of the parts are!

If you were to emulate anything, you have to make sure you have a certain dedicated amount of power for it, or else your laptop will struggle trying to process a computer inside of a computer. Sorry if this was off-topic, but I just wanted to remind you guys that you need to make sure you have enough power to process an emulator. This is why some emulators might of been laggy for you @Ryanairy55

1 Like

yes, however, I couldn’t !. :-(

1 Like

I suppose to be fair the lowest processor supported by IF for iPhones (and I only chose iPhones because the progression is much easier to follow with what devices are supported, and what processor they have) the A8 has a single core score close to 1.5 the core 2, but the core 2 quad he has has double the cores, depending on your graphics setup your going to struggle here. Definitely don’t expect anything above low settings, pretty much your playing on an iPad mini 4 graphics depending. If your expecting crazy performance either a PC update or a new phone is definitely going to be in order, I think the fact that it’s a mobile game is a little deceptive in terms of its power requirements, the A13 in apples newest phones is going punch for punch with the core i7 from the same timeframe, phones are really good, like definitely to the point of a mid range gaming pc for sure processor wise, and if not there getting close graphics wise, now you don’t need an A13 to run IF, and you probably don’t need a top of the line PC to do so either, but with a core 2 quad I’m not sure it’s worth your hassle unless this is just a fun project, because let’s face it we’ll need something to tinker with these days…

1 Like

Infinite Flight is no longer support the older version, that means we can’t play it on BlueStacks anymore.

2 Likes

He’s not trying to play on blue stacks, that’s been brought up several times. He’s trying to run Android natively on his x86 pc, so far though with limited success, I would recommend you read through the topic before you post since many people have brought up the incompatibility with blue stacks…

1 Like

I mean properly cooled an processor is the same wether it’s in a laptop or tower, sure towers have the cooling advantage, but some laptops are pretty darn good at it. You can get most any part, definitely mid range and below in a laptop and have it work fine. Computer parts are pretty small, and a tower is in a lot of ways a lot of for lack of a better term wasted space, I hesitate to say wasted because it does benefit cooling a lot, but it can definitely be condensed a lot and still be functional. There’s a lot of pros and cons both ways, but there are some blazing laptops out there, you can get i9-9900k with an RTX2080 and it’s gonna get a bit toasty, and it’s going to be thick, but there are laptops that do it, and relatively easily too. This is why I’m super excited to see ARM push into laptops, lots better power efficiency which means way lower heat. The new iPhones with the A13 are effectively a i7 with a GTX2060 passively cooled, in a miniature device that runs for 6+ hours with the screen on full brightness on a quarter of a laptop battery. It’s insane, definitely don’t underrate laptops, especially once ARM takes off…

Also, care to elaborate what you mean here? The processor does all the processor things wether that’s in a laptop or a tower, and assuming you also have dedicated graphics that handles all the graphics. Some laptops do try to use integrated graphics for every day things because running a GUP is power rise expensive, but the GPU takes over for anything that pushes past the CPUs abilities assuming a GPU is onboard…

1 Like

Unfortunately, I wasn’t able to even run android on pc. If you’d really like to try it yourself you can install Prime OS (x64 needed, but to run your processor needs to have SSE 4.2, but unfortunately I haven’t it). Another variant is Remix OS. But you need to have UEFI instead of BIOS to run it on x64. Same thing with openthos. I don’t force you to try this, as this may be not safe for your computer, especially if you haven’t experience with installing systems, setting up dual boot etc, but it will be great if somebody will. But as many people said, infinite flight may run unstable.
Another variant, of course screen mirroring. I am going to use scrcpy.

With that thing, I can control the android device from PC. To connect yoke I’ll use liveflightapp. But if wifi will be unstable, I don’t know should I use. If I use OTG cable I can’t use scrcpy anymore, because device won’t be connected to pc. I just need to think about my set, how to set it up so it will properly work.
P.S.: Thanks for all your replies here

Graphic cards are not the same in laptops as they are in desktops. You just can’t compare both.
https://www.cybrary.it/blog/0p3n/what-letters-at-end-of-intel-cpu-model-numbers-stand-for/
You will never find the same processor in a laptop as on a desktop. Just go on amazon. Every laptop you find will have an H or U at the end of it. It’s not just space that makes both different. If it were, desktops would be rare. Graphics cards and processors are not the same in desktops are they are in laptops. Just because they are called the same doesn’t mean they are the same. I would recommend you do some research. Since I am not the best at explaining things, there are plenty of subreddits that will teach you the difference between both.

2 Likes

I don’t know if it is casting or not but if you have a laptop or pc running on OSX you can plug in your phone with the usb if you have a iphone ( seek on youtube ) there is some sort of program that let you see your phone screen on your pc and than run liveflightconnect in the background and just lay your telephone down so technically you can play infinite flight on pc.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.