Has anyone tried to fly infinite flight on pc?

I am going to do this tomorrow, but not via emulator - I am going to install Phoenix OS. Previously, I tried to install android-x86, but the problem was that it didn’t load and add boot loader screen. I’m wondering if here is anybody who tried to do something like this? Share your experience.
I will upload photos tomorrow if it will be successful.

2 Likes

I highly doubt this will work. This is a mobile sim.

1 Like

I’ve got a yoke and throttle quadrant so it will be great for infinite flight experience :) But yeah, I can agree that it is not the most comfortable thing. I will need to switch things using cursor a lot

This cannot work as far as I’ve heard, if you want a big screen you can do screen mirroring if you’re on iOS and have an apple tv.

1 Like

Currently infinite flight does not support emulators. It’s the same situation with bluestacks and many other similar emulators, the code support is simply not there in the application.

Also, when it does work, the simulator will often not support using joysticks and the like. You’d be much better off using Live Flight connect if you have access to a computer.

1 Like

I am not going to use emulator, will use Phoenix OS on real hardware instead. But thanks for the reply :)

I just mirror screen with my tv and it works very well

1 Like

Isn’t it laggy though? I find mirroring my screen to my TV very laggy. Unless if I directly connect my phone to my tv there is usually latency.

1 Like

I know a program that can mirror your android screen via usb cable. Unfortunately I don’t remember its name

1 Like

Later on, I might just try to get Apple TV and airplay it and hook up a yoke/keyboard to my phone.

Hope it turns out well.

1 Like

I have airplay Adaptater HDMI to Lightning no latency up to 4K

1 Like

I used to play Infinite Flight on my Acer Nitro 5 gaming laptop, through Bluestacks and JoyToKey.

It stopped working after the 19.4 update, though.

2 Likes

A little update: android is not starting, however I will try to start it with using different ways to install, other operating systems…

1 Like

Infinite Flight is not supported on emulators. You may or may not be able to get it to work. As many have said after the 19.4 release there are issues using Bluestacks which may roll over into others as well.

1 Like

But I am not going to use bluestacks

I understand but the issues may not be bluestacks specific. My point is that it may or may not work.

2 Likes

I don’t suggest Phoenix OS, It is very very lag on my high performance computer
i7-8700
GTX1070
16GB RAM

1 Like

Mirror your android screen to a big screen is also not recommended as the resolution don’t become better after you mirror it to your bigger screen. The best way to play infinite flight on big screen is a emulator or just install Android OS into your computer, but unfortunately emulator can’t run the latest version of infinite flight, I haven’t try it on a Android OS installed on a computer with intel CPU.

1 Like

If you can get Android X86 to work the experience may not be optimized, and may not work well, but I’d imagine it will work. Phoenix OS (from my quick google search) seems like good old android just with a more desktop like interface, correct me if I’m wrong, and is also to my understanding not an emulator, so I would hazard to say it should be fine, but you are definitely in uncharted waters, and I’d be hesitant to give you any assurances.

I have heard about varying levels of optimization for x86 in android apps, and I really don’t know where IF falls on that, it’s been a while since a popular phone used x86 because ARM is really just becoming so good, even pushing into the laptop market now, but the sum what recent push of android apps onto chrome books has prompted a lot of backend stuff by google, and app developers to get apps working better on x86. I should also say that this is simply the issues at face value I see with running IF on android on your pc, there could be a whole host of other issues with Phoenix OS, but it seems worth a try as long as your expectations are in check…

1 Like

you can use liveflightconect on your pc to use a joystick and trottle and then mirror your phone to the tv screen mirroring service something like Apple TV.

1 Like