Has anyone heard of the Manchester-Boston Regional Airport?

Does anyone know about the little airport in New Hampshire that has been losing service since 2005? No? Well, KMHT was pretty much like KBOS back before mid 2005. The Airport had a rich history of Airliners flying into KMHT. Here are the Airlines that flew into MHT (Includes defunct airlines)

1. Northeast Airlines [1951-1972] (Defunct, Merged with Delta Airlines)
  2. Northwest Airlines [1998-2010] (Defunct, Merged with Delta Airlines)
  3. Delta Airlines [1995-current]
  4. US Airways (US Air) [1986-2015] (Defunct, Merged with American Airlines)
  5. United Airlines [1984-current] (used the 757-222 ORD-MHT standing as the only airline to utilize a 752 into the Airport before 2005)
  6. Continental Airlines [1998-2012] (Defunct, Merged with United Airlines)
  7. Pan American Airways [2003-2005] (Defunct, ceased Operations)
  8. Independence Air [2004-2006] (Defunct, went into Bankruptcy)
  9. Southwest Airlines [1998-current]
  10. Air Canada [2000-2010] (First International service was to YYZ)
  11. Metro Jet (US Airways) [1998-2001] (Defunct, Integrated back into US Airways)
  12. American Airlines/American Eagle [2015-current]
  13. American Eagle [2005-06/ As American Airlines 2015-current]

As you can see by the list, a total of 13 airlines flew into MHT back then. Now, we have:

1. Southwest Airlines (TPA, MCO, BWI, MDW) [Seasonal: FLL, LAS]
  2. American Airlines (DCA, PHL, CLT)
  3. Delta Airlines (ATL, LGA, DTW)
  4. United Airlines (ORD and EWR)

The airport has changed dramaticly from an airport that was once served by big jets, to now being served by regionals instead (Except Delta and Southwest). You can read the wiki page below to learn more about my local airport that is losing flights, slowly.

http://www.flymanchester.com/

4 Likes

can you please translate that?

1 Like

o shoot my bad
i didnt notice i was typing in korean
i meant to say
“im assuming that’s the boston version of teterboro”

:p

2 Likes

Teterboro, NJ? Where Frontier is? Well, MHT is 50 miles from KBOS, so BOS has been stealing all of our travelers from MHT ;-;

1 Like

international airports will always rule ;_;
the only airplanes in and out of teterboro nowadays are learjets so its not even fun plane spotting

1 Like
  1. BOS is way bigger than MHT
  2. BOS and MHT are within close proximities, there’s no need in having two busy international airports close to each other
  3. More people want to go to Boston vs Manchester (no offense)
2 Likes

Nuuuuuuuuu! People in NH fly MHT! Some people in MA also fly out of MHT! ;-; my little airport needs B6 so badly.

1 Like

I rather help support a smaller city (Manchester)

then Boston

2 Likes

Awesome! Contributing by using a local airport always helps out! When you fly through MHT, you help make MHT a better place to fly out of! I flew MHT-PHL-CLE/CLE-PHL-MHT route back in June. MHT was way better than BOS, and the gates were right there in front of you once you passed security!

1 Like

I’m actually might be going

just to visit the east coast

1 Like

I’ve flown in thre! (My grandparents live in Concord) It’s an ok airport. What you always get an a smaller regional airport. The thing I don’t get about that place is the way oversized parking garage. I didn’t get it.

1 Like

do you live near this airport?

1 Like

Yes. I live 15 minutes away (8.5 miles) from MHT. I have videos from my YouTube channel Dedicated mostly to MHT, since it’s my hometown airport.

1 Like

Right, if I do come

do you know any good places to visit?

a way to get to New York?

1 Like

There are a lot of places to visit NH!
-Mt Washington
-Old Man of the Mountain
-Hampton Beach
-Canobie Lake Park
-many more!

I suggest Canobie and Mt. Washington! Both epic places to be! Canobie with its awesome rides, and Mt. Washington with its breathtaking view of The Valley below.

2 Likes

Canobie Lake Park is awesome. I’ve been there 5 times.

Back on topic now.

1 Like

Reminds me of KISP, out on Long Island, east of NYC. Used to have more traffic, but airlines stopped flying there, in favor of JFK and LGA, which are about 45ish miles away. Only Southwest and American (Dash 8) fly there now.

1 Like

it would be bomb if they decide to divert traffic into Manchester Boston

1 Like

Yes, smaller a stuff like E-145’s through 757’s. I would think heavies and supers would divert to JFK or EWR.

1 Like

@the_simulation_nerd weren’t they considering adding WOW airlines service into Islip?

1 Like