Has anyone had this on a long haul flight?

So this has happened twice. I flew from Mexico and Barbados to London (over the atlantic) both times I was in the bathroom and suddenly severe turbulence strikes and the seat belt sign goes off. I refuse to leave the toilet half the way through brushing my teeth. So I end up, toothbrush in my mouth, back against the wall, left arm against the wall and right holding the ceiling.

Am I the only one?

[poll]

• Yes you weirdo… go back to your seat
  • No, I have also been in the same situation
  • No… Keep this between us I have had it faaaar worse
    [/Poll]

Share the stories guys!

2 Likes

I don’t know you, but I would finish brushing my teeth instead of putting my hand on the ceiling

2 Likes

Well I don’t want to die brushing my teeth XD

1 Like

Why would you die because of turbulence?

1 Like
2 Likes

Oh come on you won’t DIE. Less so if you are in the toilet. You could just sit down and wait

1 Like

Passengers severely injured due to turbulence and not wearing their seat belts is very common. In some instances death can occur and has in the past.

2 Likes

I don’t think that his case was THAT severe (maybe I’m wrong)

1 Like

look you may want to risk it but I have had friends who have been on planes where it has happened.

P.S. where the Flight Attendant in question died and this wasn’t even over the Atlantic

1 Like

Ok, fair enough

1 Like

No I’m not referring to his case with that post, I was responding to your previous question. If he had been standing in the lav and the plane encountered turbulent air that caused the jet to suddenly drop he would be thrown into the head board.

2 Likes

I can’t stop laughing about the poll choices but I haven’t had that happen to me :)

2 Likes

I want to see someone who has had it worse XD perhaps a toilet waste incident XD

2 Likes

Oh that would be hilarious

2 Likes

That is really weird.
Like really weird.

3 Likes

This hasn’t happened to me but I’ve got a fear of the seatbelt sign going on when I’m in the bathroom.

2 Likes

XD thanks!!!

1 Like

When I went in the bathroom the seat belt sign was off, but when I started washing my hands, turbulence kicked in. It wasn’t bad, but enough to get me wet from the sink.

2 Likes

😂 love it XD but sadly i bet you didnt leave the bathroom soaking :p

1 Like

I’ll finish what i’m doing and THEN return to seat. Sorry, but i’m not gonna pinch and run just because the light comes on.

4 Likes