Has anyone ever flown/seen the same plane twice?

Hey everyone! Yesterday while I was at KVPS waiting to board my flight home I saw 2 Allegiant jets parked at the gate. Both of those jets were planes I had flown on before! One was registered as N250NV and the other N255NV. So that got me thinking, with all the jets airlines own, the odds of seeing a jet that you have flown on before, let alone fly on that same jet again are pretty slim. I actually happened to have flown on N255NV twice! So let me hear your experiences of you have any. Have you ever seen or flown on the same plane twice?imageN250NV
Credits to Airliners.net
imageN255NV
Credits to Planespotters.net

1 Like

This has happened many times when I spot from home and at HPN. Many times jetBlue and ExpressJet sends in the same aircraft back to back.

1 Like

I live near a rather small airport so I don’t see happen when I go spotting. Could be due to the airports low traffic.

Yup, this happened to me recently. I flew with Lufthansa from FRA to KIX, and flew with the exact same plane back on top of that, i went to do some spotting at KIX, i saw the same plane there that day, aaaand when i landed at FRA on my way back home, during my 6h layover, about 2 hrs left til i board my flight again i see the same B747 from KIX that i flew with just pass by me at the Terminal, hahaha, OMG i’ve seen the same plane 4 times within the matter of 2 weeks.

3 Likes

That’s pretty crazy! Definitely a pretty low chance of that happening. Especially in a 2 week period.

1 Like

Yeah i know, i still can’t get over how that was possible, honestly, i just stood there gasping at the plane, be like WOOOW, it’s the same aircraft… that i flew with. It was being towed to another gate.

People probably thought this was my first time seeing a plane, haha xD

But seriously, though what are the odds, i didn’t count with that i’d return on the same plane…

1 Like

I’ve flown on the same aircraft from NPE - AKL a few times.

1 Like

Yuppp between EGLL and ULLI British Airways quite often fly the same A320

1 Like

Theres the BA one with the golden eagle design or something, easy to spot that one. I remember flying on a tristar, the same one twice, and the same seat. Bloody broken table too!

2 Likes

Heaps! It happens all the time when I am spotting at my local airport, I have nearly seen every Virgin Australia 737 and Jetstar Australia A320 twice.

1 Like

I flew the air New Zealand Black 77W from London to LA, LA to Auckland in the same seat. I see the plane every so often in the sky it reminds me of my trip.

2 Likes

Whenever I fly I try and keep the registration for the aircraft I flew on. I live pretty close to KCLT and whenever the 36 runways are used the planes are vectored over my house. So many of the American Airlines planes I have flown on fly over my house regularly!

2 Likes

I have seen many of the same Airbus A380s approaching KJFK.

1 Like

Cool. I figure the busiest airports are the ones that would be hardest to find the same aircraft in.

1 Like

Ive flown on N306NV from Lax to Abq, then three days later N306NV is my same plane back.

4 Likes

Wow Cool! One day I was plane spotting at BOS and I saw the same JetBlue plane N3233JB

2 Likes

That’s pretty cool! I flew N255NV in June down into Florida than this month I flew with N255NV down to Florida again.

3 Likes

On a flight to Jackson Hole Wyoming I had a layover in Chicago. I got off a United Airlines a320 and my next flight was the same plane at the same gate. It was trippy.

2 Likes

That seems quite normal since it was a connection flight but still pretty cool none the less.

Pretty sure I have, JFK-MCO on a DAL 739 and back again on the same plane, 99% sure it was the same aircraft, but I wasn’t an AvGeek back then so I am not sure, I’m pretty sure it was because I think the registrations had the same numbers in it

1 Like