Has anyone been on a A320-NEO?

Hello community I will be traveling on a volaris A320-NEO In November of this year, and was wondering if it’s confortable or not. What are your stories?

Here’s a trip review on it:

3 Likes

Thank you, will give it a watch and see what I can find out!

2 Likes

I’m 90% sure it was a neo but about 1 year ago I was on a frontier redeye from Denver to Providence RI. Like I said I’m not 100% sure it was a neo, it was midnight so I couldn’t really tell

1 Like

I have flew on a many A320 neo’s but with Frontier Airlines. All airlines will differ regarding cabin layout as well with seat pitch & comfort.

With that said, I enjoy airbus A320’s a little better than Boeing’s 737NG for slight things such as a wider cabin width. The windows on the 737 are bigger, but are low. So if I had to choose a short to medium haul range aircraft to fly on for the rest of my life, It sure would be the Airbus A320 series, especially the Neo.

1 Like

I have also flown quite a few A320/1neos, but mostly in Europe so I don’t know whether or not it’ll be the same. The aircraft itself is pretty quiet from what I’ve seen, and I’m sure you’ll enjoy it.

1 Like

I’ve flown SAS A320neo, SE-ROE. I think it’s better than its counterparts like the B738. It’s very quiet. It’s most noticeable when you’re out and planespotting, but even in the cabin.

2 Likes

I’ve been on the first A320neo ever in service and probably most other A320s of Lufthansa. Nice and new interior, but a little cramped. The 180 seat config is pretty tight at the rear (toilet located in the galley) and the last two rows have no windows (that’s where the toilets were in the A320ceo).

Service will depend on the airline, Lufthansa offers free drinks, snacks or a hot meal on European flights.

Flew it on SAS. Very quiet aircraft. I had an emergency exit seat, so very good seat and leg room as well. I did find it weird that, at least for SAS, the lavatories are locates in the back of the aft galley, instead of to the side, never seen that before.

Generally a very good and quiet aircraft.

1 Like

Ybbn to nzwl

Yeah flew it last year just a few days after flying a normal A320 with the same airline, so i could see the differences well. Of course, it depends on the airline, but personally i was pleased with it. For one, the legroom was much better, seats were more or less the same, and the the cabin was much much quieter. Thats pretty much it, i ve you ve already flown an A320, these are the only main differences you will notice

1 Like

I will be flying an A321neo in the summer (or 30th July)
I’ll save this thread and will make sure to tell you what it’s like!
What airline will you fly with?

1 Like

I’ve flown on ANA A320NEO. And it was the most comfortable aircraft I’ve ever been on!! ANA has personal monitors on all seats with a front view and a directly downward view and tons of movies and TV series. The seats were soooo comfortable!! The flight was from NRT to NGO so it only took around 30-40mins and we only went up to FL250 so we only had like five mins of level flight but it was awesome!!

2 Likes

I flew with Lufthansa’s A320neo last year on a 2hr flight but the journey felt so smooth and relaxing. They handed out a snacks and drinks, like soda, juice and/or coffee, stuff like that. After eating, with 1.5hrs left, I fell asleep, only to being woken up by a jolt, which was the rear gears touching down on the ground. But very smooth landing I must say.

You know its a good flight when you sleep through it all. The flight as much as I remember from the time as being awake, that it was calm. It was very much like the A320, the older generation but a bit more spacious feeling, clean and and touch of newness to it, oh and extremely quiet.

But all in all, a great flight, I enjoyed it, even the sleeping part… I personally found the quietness to be soothing, a peaceful journey, to say the least. It’s great to have a quite flight after transitioning from a loud old 747 Long Haul earlier that day.

2 Likes

This year, I had the Amazing chance to travel in an A320neo of two different airlines: Air Asia and Iberia.

Comparing to the A320ceo, I must say, I didn’t notice much difference other than the engine’s noise (or at least I remember this way). The cabin looks more modern and not much else.
It is confortable (in my experiences it was) and the landings are just like the normal A320.

So from my point of view, the A320neo is a prettier and quieter A320, a confortable and modern aircraft!

(I didn’t experience In-flight services because I tried them both on 1h long Flights. For some reason in Iberia they didn’t serve anything, but in Air Asia I was expecting that since it is a LCC)

All in all it’s a new experience and I liked it!

2 Likes

In fact I have. The plane is very smooth and quiet and overall pretty clean given most are somewhat new. Some airlines may have tighter seats given the fact they are modern and that’s what airlines want. I have a YouTube channel that features the A320-NEO on Air Malta. Just tell me if you want to see it and I’ll put that in here but it’s not Volaris so it might not be the same.

The Neo has options for new lavatory styles. You can get space flex toilets or even a version 2 for a B737 Max AA style toilet

I have flown Lufthansas A320 Neo on my travels between London and Frankfurt. I can say that it’s a nice plane but I have never flown with volaris… so no information about that.
Anyway Have a Nice flight, you’l enjoy it

I have been on a a320 new from KTPA-KCLT

The pictures aren’t showing an A320neo, it’s a ceo.

3 Likes