Hari's ATC Tracking Thread - [CLOSED] @KSFB

Hello guys I’m open at ksfb Orlando…come fly patterns , rwy change go around etc for ifatc practice…
@Namir_Thobani
@AviatorJack
@MXB-CaptainB
@al_col
@Infinite_Pilot1
@Jan_Sd

Yep I can come if you want?

1 Like

that’s not my home airport!

1 Like

I’m openm…

1 Like

Im open…😊

also what airport is it? 😁

Berlin Tegel

2 Likes

Thank you @al_col and @Infinite_Pilot1 for joining…
GOODLUcK u can turn base quickly for touch and goes as it makes easier…😊

1 Like

GOODLUCK wishes you good luck

2 Likes

Thanks…😊😍

1 Like

btw thanks for giving the airport near me some atc! it really made me happy to finally see at least one other plane there… it’s usually lonely over there tho

2 Likes

No worries :) Sorry I couldn’t do more patterns as I would have liked to - but dinner called ;). if you have any more time before your test lemme know and I’ll come give you some practice! :)

If you want my feedback:

• you were really good on ground control with your atc instructions - you’ve totally mastered it :)

• You did leave me waiting before departure (but it wasn’t that long). I would suggest that you told me to line up and wait after @Infinite_Pilot1 had taken off? But it’s your call, and you can always put a reminder on the aircraft name if needs be :)

• pattern commands were AWESOMEEE - you were really on them, and knew what you were doing however: I don’t know the procedures on infinite flight, but in real life you only clear the pilot to land when they have announced that they are “G-XA on downwind for runway 02 touch and go” and then you reply back saying (and I’m not sure if its a command on the atc commands list for IF) but they usually say " G-XA Roger, report final runway 02", then once they’ve reported final, only then do you clear them to land - That’s how I would have done it, but again I’m not sure if that’s a thing on IF. Otherwise (if its not a thing/command) I would only clear the pilot to land once they are on downwind/ base leg, and they have announced it to you as the controller. Not when they are turning crosswind. The only reason being is that the pattern and incoming traffic can change a lot over the space of 5mins!!

• One last pointer for ya! You forgot to clear me to land when I was coming in on final and you said “roger” when I had announced it [my final] twice. The best way to get round this (I find - because I’ve forgotten to clear people to land loads of times eek) is set priorities for each aircraft in your mind (or on a piece of paper next to you) i.e. which is next to land/which is a novice pilot and might have difficulties/ which aircraft is bigger and is going to use up more runway etc. (edit: - I forgot you cleared me to land right after I took off which I woudn’t recommend doing as it can be a little bit confusing haha)

So at the time when I had announced my final you were clearing @Infinite_Pilot1 to land, and they were only on crosswind and it wasn’t a priority, as they still had to turn onto downwind, base, and then final, so they were a while off landing, while I was 30secs away ;).

But I thought you did really well anyway and I hope those few pointers and how to overcome them will help you out in your exam - because your going to smash your exam!! :)

2 Likes

ahh I’ll come and do some flying with you down there if you want :)

2 Likes

that really confused me too

1 Like

Which bit?

i quoted it

1 Like

Oh yes I’m so sorry @Hari I forgot that you cleared me to land right after I took off my bad sorry - ignore the bit in the above message about that :(

But that’s why i said earlier that its a good idea to clear the pilots when on base / final rather than crosswind as if there’s a lot going on they might forget (as i did then eek sorry - totally my fault

2 Likes

oh hello me on the screenshot of someone else

2 Likes

😂😂 - it was a nice callsign :)

2 Likes

i really wish hari good luck

1 Like