Hard places to land

I have done the Alaska Milkrun enough times to know that

1 Like

PAJN

2 Likes

Yes its PAJN

1 Like

I think pretty much all except 2 on the Alaska Milkrun have interesting approaches

1 Like

But I also think Tegucigalpa is difficult. Itโ€™s high up and it doesnโ€™t have such a long runway. It is difficult.

• MHTG
3 Likes

Come on bois!!!

• Kai tak rwy 13
2 Likes

Yeah itโ€™s great, I have flown that approach roughly 20 or so times and some of the time I still over shoot that turn

2 Likes

SBRJ-If youโ€™re wondering๐Ÿ™ƒ

1 Like

for what??and also how do you put in emojis

Iโ€™m on iPhone, so I use the normal keyboard. Some examples: ๐Ÿ˜ต๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿค”๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿฅถ๐Ÿ‘…๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿฅบ๐Ÿ˜—๐Ÿง๐Ÿ˜›๐Ÿ˜ 

1 Like

oh ok and what is the code for

VHHX. The approaching final thingy on solo is soooooo in accurate. But try your best and maybe even depart from VHHH (Chep Lap Kok intl)

1 Like

Two which havenโ€™t been mentioned and come to my mind:
Tivat (LYTV)
Samos (LGSM)
Generally the Greek islands offer nice opportunities to practice VOR approaches (no ILS), short runways and tricky weather conditions.

1 Like

VILH has a nice approach and is a high attitude airfield giving you less performance.

2 Likes

KASE is pretty hard

This approach is by no means extremely difficult but landing in Carcassonne Airport (LFRD) is scenic, fast and requires a circle to land.

Caribbeans
Princess Juliana Airport St martin
7000 ft runway landing over Maho beach
Takeoff climb high and turn when available as there is a mountain a few hundred ft from runway
Saba island
Mountainous terrian
Runway is 1,300 ft
200 ft drop both sides to the ocean
St Barth Airport
Big mountain on approach
Tioman Airport Singapore
Planes can only land and takeoff from the north as there is high terrain existing south of the runway.
Lukla Nepal Airport
Located in Nepal on the Himalayas
Altitude 9,300 ft
Runway is unidirectional
Mountains to one side of the runway making taking off from 6 and landing 24 unavailable
2,000 ft drop to the other side of runway.
Weather changes such as wind,cloud cover and visibility can force the airfield to close.
Runway sloped up
Courchvel Airport
Runway is unidirectional
Airfield is similar to Lukla
Mountains to one side
A cliff drop on the other
Runway sloped
Changing weather conditions can shut down airfield.

As major-tom suggested, VILH is indeed a very hard approach. I myself did not make it during the first attempt and crashed into the mountains (luckily, it was on training server). It also offers you a breathtaking scenery.

Here is the link to the approach and departure chart. Good luck!

Good luck!

2 Likes

I would check out this topic. It has 74 replies for difficult places to land. Hope you give it a read!

1 Like

Sarajevo. Crazy approach that has you above mountains, and then has you go close to nosedive just to get down to the runway.

1 Like