Haptic feedback (Vibration)

Introduction

Haptic technology recreates the sense of touch by applying forces, vibrations or motions to the user. This mechanical stimulation can be used to assist in the creation of virtual objects in a computer simulation, to control such virtual objects, and to enhance the remote control of machines and devices.

Opinion

Personally I would love this in game to be able to feel the bumps and grooves in the taxiway when my device vibrates, it would be great to have something like this especially to feel the roughness of landings. I’ve seen this put to use in video game controllers and I think it could work with a mobile device also, and would be a great tool when playing Infinite Flight.

Good idea. This would be cool for takeoffs and landings!

2 Likes

What about those of us who use keyboard commands and joysticks?

1 Like

@baseball_inferno good point.

1 Like

You wouldn’t have to use it, it could be turned off in settings to conserve battery or things of that sort. If you use a keyboard or joystick, it just won’t affect you.

1 Like

That’s a nice little idea ;)
Great for new users too.

2 Likes

That would actually be super cool!

Say you had a super rough landing, you feel a big vibration, to imitate a hard landing.
Then a soft vibration if you had a soft landing.

This would be a nice addition to the game!
I’m going to free up a vote for this. :)

2 Likes

I see this being most useful if implemented during a stall warning, sort of like a stick shaker. As for during normal phases of flight, I wouldn’t want my device to be vibrating for most of the time.

3 Likes

Same with pretty much any alert, like overspeeding.

2 Likes

Alright, I am giving this topic a huge bump, as this’ll be a really cool and subtle feature to be added.

1 Like

Only if we have the ability to turn it off in the settings, some may not want that all the time (i.e. Me).

4 Likes

Really like this idea. Could be a nice addition during any ground phase of flight, and I like the idea of using it for a stick-shaker and also for an additional notification of any warning. Freed up a vote. Hope to see this one implemented. (I do second Trio’s motion to make it optional via settings).

1 Like

I like this idea! My only concern is when you have you put your device down in flight and your not around the vibration to turbulence perhaps moves your device which can potentially fall from where it was. But yet again there is probably a setting to turn this off. This would make the experience much more realistic than it is. You have my support.

1 Like

Well you’ve more or less agreed to have a different experience at that point. Both have pros and cons. Why should the rest of us be held back becuais you use a diffrent setup?

This could be a nice idea for violation or ghost warnings. Think about stalling. Doesn’t a yoke vibrate then? Just to notify that the pilot should use caution.

Looks like a realistic feature!

I don’t think it’s useful for tablet users though😬

3 Likes

Good idea, however it would need a setting to toggle it on or off. I don’t want my phone’s battery being eaten up!

This is interesting, It seems we will be getting this in the next update but for iPhone only for now.

Hopefully, we will see it on Andriod devices aswell.

SmartSelect_20191006-124618_Instagram

4 Likes

Also works on xbox and ps4 controllers

I like that, but it will consume very much power and also be annoying. You can easily skid of the runway if that happens

Really creative idea! I use joystick sometimes but I still like the good old motion controls when i’m not at home.