HappyDays's ATC Tracking Thread - [CLOSED - Now an IFATC Member]

Hello IFC!

Welcome to my ATC tracking thread. I will post here whenever I open a new frequency, so please come and swing by; all feedback is welcome!

That’s it for now folks! Have a good day!

2 Likes

I will be active today at these times:

• Airport: AMM/OJAI
  • Time: 1520Z to 1550Z
  • Server: Training
  • Runways in use: 26L/R (will be updated if necessary)
  • Be respectful & be aware of others in the airspace.

Feel free to give feedback after the session!

1 Like

Oh, and forgot to mention this, thanks to @Sashaz55 for the ATC Tracking Thread Tutorial!

1 Like

No problem! I’ll try to stop by at one of your sessions.

1 Like

I will try to stop by, it would be great if you could open longer to allow traffic to buildup as people see your thread :)

1 Like

I’ll try to stay open for as long as I can. Thanks for the suggestion!

1 Like

I am now active at OJAI TS. Please stop by if you’re free :)

cant rn controlling for FNF I will try later C:

1 Like

No Problem @USA_ATC

Hello @HappyDays, as you may have figured out, I was HAPPY.

Overall great session. You get the basics right. However, I am alone there so there is no chance for me to try sequencing. Here are my feedback based in Zulu time:

• 1528: Great transition altitude
  • 1537: I was aligned with the wrong runway. In this case, you should have send please check assigned runway, instead of Say Intentions.
  • 1545: When a pilot announcing full stop, you may acknowledge with Roger. This is so that you know the pilot will not takeoff again and you can prepare to give Exit Runway command. Already clear to land is usually given if pilot announce position (downwind, base, final) only or announce position + touch and go
  • 1546: Exit runway command was missing. Typically it is recommended to given when aircraft has reached 60-70kts IAS and you are sure they will not takeoff again. If they happen to takeoff again, issue Disregard Last Message will do

What is going on with DEC2001 btw? I saw him taxiing to 08L while 26’s in use
You can try the following: make 180, check assigned runway, progressive taxi. But if he still insist, just let him takeoff :)

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback! Really appreciate it :)

And thanks for stopping by as well

1 Like

For everyone else I will be open till 1615Z.

Thanks to everyone who attended!

I know this may be inconvenient for you all due to the time of this notice, but I want to announce an airport that I will open at the following times tomorrow:

• Airport: DAL/KDAL (Dallas Love Field)
  • Time: September 19 0430Z to 0530Z
  • Server: Training
  • Runways in use: 31L/R (subject to change in later hours)
  • Be respectful & be aware of others in the airspace.

Feel free to give feedback after the session!

I am now open at KDAL if anyone wants to come by :)

1 Like

Im going to come by now!

1 Like

I’ll come on by in 5-10 minutes

2 Likes

Coming in now :)

2 Likes

KDAL closing in 5 minutes. Thanks to everyone who attended! Any feedback is welcome

Feedback for @HappyDays beginning at 0450Z on September 18th, 2020 from @AviationReports (IFATC Officer):

• Nice job with the ground conflict and the hold position on pushback, plus you didn’t forget about me
  • Nice job with flow, giving me takeoff clearance prior when the aircraft was rotating in front of me was very good
  • Transition Altitude Correct (Airport elevation at 485ft, Transition Altitude at 3000ft)
  • Nice job giving a pattern entry and clearance
  • Pattern entry was good, as well as sequence, but I think putting me as #1 right away would have been good
  • After this I was put #1, you needed to re-sequence the aircraft that was now following me, you never told them "Number 2, traffic to follow is on left downwind
  • When coming in on my first approach, never got a pattern direction (needed "number one, cleared for the option, after the option make left/right traffic
  • Not sure why I was told unable for my runway change after my first touch and go when there was no traffic around
  • Need to get clearances earlier in the pattern
  • Little to no sequencing present, this needs to be done if an aircraft is following another
  • Exit Runway command should be just a tad earlier, right around 70kts GS
  • Go Around was missed
  • Speed Commands are needed in both situations I saw you use them in 1) With aircraft following me on downwind. Yes they were close, but, if they are sequenced, they are responsible for spacing 2) With the aircraft close to me on final, if they are about 4 miles from the airport, they are already (or should be) at final approach speed. They cannot go much slower than that.

Not to sound harsh, but there is work to be done, but I see you are new to the Tracking Thread thing, so there is always work to be done with new people. Don’t take this feedback as me being harsh, instead a learning opportunity. Please review the bolded comments above as these were cons in the session. Review and work on them please. I am more than willing to explain how to do things in PM’s with illustrations, practice will make perfect!

Not Tested in today’s session:

Everything was tested that you will need to know

That’s all I got, have a good one. My PM is open if you needed any help at any point!

2 Likes