Happy Wright Brothers Day!

116 years ago today the Wrights began an addiction for all of us, powered flight!

the Wrights took to the air on December 17, 1903, making two flights each from level ground into a freezing headwind gusting to 27 miles per hour. The first flight, by Orville at 10:35 am, of 120 feet in 12 seconds, at a speed of only 6.8 miles per hour

And 116 years later here I am with the company 747, amazing what we’ve done in the last 100 years!

26 Likes

It’s also my birthday as well! I think this is one of the reasons I love aviation so much! Happy Wright Brothers day!

8 Likes

Yay, cake day and Aviation day

4 Likes

They accomplished a truly remarkable achievement. Imagine the Wright bros seeing the new fuel efficient aircraft of today

2 Likes

This was one of the best developments in history! Look at what aviation has come to be! :D

2 Likes

thank you wright brothers for changing the world. many things would not be possible without your invention.

2 Likes

In under 100 years we have made planes longer than the first flight and we went into space and and landed on the moon. Honestly guys we are OP.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.